Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial and on the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people serving clients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Tax Reporting Advisory (TRA) Manager
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers acquisition tax services.
The Tax Reporting Advisory (TRA) Manager works closely with clients and staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The TRA team provides a variety of services to our clients in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion. The TRA Manager is responsible for reviewing income and non-income based taxes, statutory income compliance and consulting, transactional taxes, transfer pricing documentation and evaluation, reviewing the tax flow and tax functioning of our client's operations, assisting in the evaluation and implementation of tax software and technology to increase efficiency as well as a variety of other job tasks depending on the engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor senior associates, associates, and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews.
- Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Conduct primary review of ASC 740 income tax provision engagements.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA, or JD/active law license required.
- Four to seven plus years relevant experience.
- Progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in Corporate income tax and strong ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes skills.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in OneSource Tax Provision preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit www.gt.com.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices across the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500+ employees in the U.S. and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.