AvantGarde, LLC seeks a FT HR Staffing Specialist with immediate availability to support the National Science Foundation located in Alexandria, VA. The team member will provide senior level technical federal HR expertise and HR staffing, recruitment and placement. The HR Specialist will develop assessment tools and job analysis, which requires that the Specialist have extensive staffing expertise and “hands on” experience in development of assessment tools.
AG offers a comprehensive benefit package including a monthly commuter benefit worth $3,000 annually as well as immediate 401k and medical enrollment. Work is performed remotely (some telework required) and on-site at NSF Headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
- Provide delivery and operational support to the Federal HR Specialists for recruitment and staffing assignments, to include coding such personnel actions as new appointments, details, reassignments, and Within Grade Increases.
- Develop assessment tools to rate and rank candidates and issue certificates to qualified candidates in the Monster Government Solutions recruitment tool.
- Issue Delegated Examining, Merit Promotion, Direct Hire, excepted service, and/or non-competitive certificates and referral lists in accordance with the merit promotion program and Delegated Examining procedures; and audit returned certificates.
- Draft vacancy announcements, review qualifications of applicants, and provide subject matter expert review of candidates.
- Respond to inquiries regarding staffing actions.
- Perform Length of Service, Salary Date Calculations to coincide with records maintained in the Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), prepare and issue confirmation letters for Delegated Examining, Merit Promotion, and understand Administratively Determined (AD), and IPA/Rotator cases and close case files for the same.
- Ensure adherence to client issued performance standards, and maintain metrics accordingly to report on compliance.
- Serve as subject matter expert and provide updates to Monster, Federal Payroll and Personnel System (FPPS), eOPF, an customized HR systems to perform operational work.
- Utilize basic knowledge of data processing functions to complete work processes through automated systems; e.g., code personnel actions, prepare documentations online and generate data reports upon request.
- Provide written notification to all applicants considered under Delegated Examining at the key touch points in the application process.
- Answer applicant inquiries relative to the hiring process, and answer written correspondence and/or rating appeals related to the staffing services provided.
- Maintain examining case files, including job analysis documentation, in accordance with OPM records retention requirements.
- Review documentation and adjudicate veterans’ preference prior to assignment of preference on the final referral list in accordance with OPM’s veteran regulations.
- Perform quality reviews to ensure candidates’ final ratings accurately reflect their possession of the critical competencies for the position; adjust ratings where appropriate.
- Provide draft assessment questionnaires and scoring identified for the positions.
- Degree in HR or related field strongly preferred.
- Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) certified highly preferred.
- Must have federal experience and 5+ years of experience as an HR Specialist
- Must have in-depth experience in the following competencies:
- HR Disciplines: Staffing, Recruitment and Federal Personnel Regulations
- Civilian and/or Military Service
- Veteran’s Preference Entitlements/Eligibility
- Federal Appointment Types and Career Tenure Requirements
- Annual Ratings of Record
- Experience interpreting and applying OPM rules and federal regulations related to processing the full range of personnel actions and related documents.
- Strength in evaluating information and working and/or assisting others to develop and implement solutions.
- Highly skilled in automated personnel systems (e.g., Federal Personnel Processing System, USAJobs, Monster Government Solutions - preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and adjust priorities on a frequent basis.
- Active or recent Public Trust or higher Federal security clearance is preferred.
The CLIENT / AGENCY
The National Science Foundation (NSF) employs approximately 1,505 employees, which includes those on Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignments. This number represents 685 scientific and engineering staff, 150 administrative support staff, 530 technical/functional staff, and 140 supervisory/managerial employees. In a typical fiscal year, there are 232 employees who entered on duty, 90 employees are converted to a new type of appointment, 208 certificates of eligibility issued for General Schedule positions, 97 certificates of eligibility issued for excepted service, Administratively Determined (AD) pay positions. There are 78 agreements and 119 extensions for Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignments.
The Division of Human Resource Management (HRM) in the Office of Information and Resource Management (OIRM) supports the Foundation’s mission by partnering with stakeholders to provide outstanding customer service through planning, developing, and implementing the Foundation’s human resource management program leading to the effective recruitment, retention, motivation, development, and use of NSF personnel. Increasingly, this work focuses on strategic and collaborative efforts designed to ensure that NSF acquires and retains a highly skilled and motivated workforce, and that NSF is well positioned to meet those needs well into the 21st century.
As a result, NSF HRM has a requirement for broad-based staffing and classification services to balance transactional workloads of the organization. The scope of work involves providing technical, operational and administrative support to NSF’s HRM staff in the functional areas of recruiting/staffing, position management and classification, salary/pay determination, reception and administrative support, and processing human resources actions (including benefits) for approximately 1,505 NSF personnel, supported by the Staffing and Classification Branch and Executive Services Section. HRM has four branches - Staffing and Classification Branch (SCB), Strategic Human Capital Planning Branch (SHCPB), Employee Relations Branch (ERB), and Executive Services Section (ESS) – however the focus for contractor support resides mainly within the SCB and ESS organizations.
NSF employs a wide range of appointing authorities under Title 5 excepted and competitive service and the excepted service authority under the NSF Act. Appointing authorities include, but are not limited to, delegated examining authority, direct hire, experts/consultants, Senior Executive Service, permanent and temporary appointments, student employment programs (Pathways), other student appointments, Schedule A; the use of reimbursable and non-reimbursable interagency details, Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignments, and veterans’ recruitment appointments (VRA), among others. We understand the need to continuously establish new positions and identify appropriate assessment tools and recruitment strategies leading to initiating vacancy announcements, using state-of-the-art hiring and assessment systems. Candidate assessment is done through manual determinations for minimum qualifications, automated systems (Monster), and panel procedures. Panels are regularly used for NSF’s scientific and managerial, as well as executive level positions.
AvantGarde, LLC (AG) is an 8(a) and HUB certified, Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) with principal offices in Rockville, MD. AG provides a unique set of integrated consulting services and a "One Stop Shop Solution" to meet complex organizational goals through Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, Business Operations Support, and Information Technology. We translate insight into impact across four key areas of an organization – People, Process, Strategy, and Technology.
Our firm was named Minority Federal Contractor of the Year for 2017 by the Minority Enterprise Development Consortium. We partner with clients and bring deep and broad-based expertise with the best industry practices delivering personalized solutions that overcome our clients’ most pressing People, Process, Strategy and Technology problems. Visit our website at www.avantgarde4usa.com to learn more about the company, our opportunities, and benefits; to go directly to the job follow: http://hrbrg.co/a1UgWv
AvantGarde LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$3,000 commuter benefit, immediate 401k & health benefits - some telework too