Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Federal Project / Program Manager who can support business development and regional federal sales growth across the Western Region of the US. An engineer or scientist with 10 to 15 years of progressively increasing federal project experience and marketing expertise.
- Duties include leadership, project management and execution of client projects for federal agencies, mainly the Department of Defense (DOD) clients.
- Connections to any one or all branches of the military is required, particularly the Army, Navy or Air Force, and former military duty is a plus.
- This position will support on-going and future engineering projects for a wide range of clients with components in A/E design, SRM, facilities assessment, environmental compliance and environmental engineering.
- The successful applicant must have broad understanding of the federal environmental, civil and AE markets to include both work execution and marketing and business development strategies.
- Technical report development, client management, regulatory agency coordination and permitting, and quality control management are preferred skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work as part of an in interdisciplinary team is a must.
- Experience with developing proposals, costs estimates, and obtaining new clients and new work is also needed.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in enginerring or related discipline.
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- A minimum 10 to 15 years of increasing environmental science, A/E design and consulting engineering experience
- Past client relationship experience in the federal market a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus but not required
- Must be able to solve problems independently, using knowledge gained from increasing experience
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to work as team member with people of differing backgrounds and experience level
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Applicants must be able travel 25 to 50 % of the time to offices, client locations, conferences or meetings across the U.S. via both car or airplane
- Completion of 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred
- Ability to understand procedural manuals and execute work orders
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb and lift to 50 pounds
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Must pass Health and Safety Training and Defensive Driving Courses upon hire
- Overnight travel is required, and applicants must be willing and able to travel 25 to 50% of the time
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.