Federal Staffing Specialist
GovStrive provides a range of Federal HR consulting and advisory services to assist Federal government clients in achieving HR strategic and operational effectiveness to meet their mission-critical objectives. We also possess a broad range of experience in successfully leading large-scale Federal HR business transformation projects. We are committed to empowering our employees and offer a competitive salary and benefit plan, in order to attract and retain our most valued asset.
- Provides expert advice and consultation on a wide range of external and internal hiring activities– including but not limited to staffing and recruitment, special hiring programs, benefits, processing personnel actions, and pay setting to all levels of management in the assigned segment of the organization.
- Consults with management on the most effective techniques, methods and principles needed to conform to human resource issues and topics of external and internal hiring activities
- Guides management and junior staff members and contract staff in selecting the best approach for recruitment, classification, and placement actions required to support staffing the assigned programs.
- Develops and administers procedures for recruitment and selection of applicants for employment. Schedules, validates and supervises the administration of job-related
- Develops and executes recruitment plans for a variety of occupations, publishing vacancy and merit promotion announcements, conducting job analysis and making qualification determinations
- Advises management on the use of automated processes (USASTAFFING), and the Position Documents Library (PDL).
- Provides training and guidance to junior-level HR Specialists on recruitment, staffing and placement activities. Reviews work products of staffing specialist to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Validates applicant eligibility and qualifications.
- Informs applicants of hiring decisions and coordinates release dates or other required staffing actions.
- Performs the full range of recruitment tasks authorized by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Delegated Examining Certification.
- Advises selecting officials of procedures of and requirements governing Certificates of Eligibles, category ranking, and rules covering applicants with veterans' preference
- Makes qualification determinations, rates and ranks applicants against crediting plans and advises subject matter experts and panels who may assist with the recruitment process.
- Ability to create and Code all RECRUIT ACTION SF52’s with applicable information including NOA and Authority, PD number and REPORTS TO data, and pertinent remarks.
- Review RECRUIT ACTION SF52’s for accuracy.
- Assist in the creation of Agency SOP’s and reporting documents.
- 3-5 years Federal Staffing experience
- DEU CERTIFIED
GovStrive LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.