https://app.jobvite.com//Logo/2628_GPSLogo180x110BLUE_1473358962350_Company.jpg" alt="No Image" />
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
A Web-proxy Security Engineer is part of a team of skilled Cybersecurity professionals that support the design, build, and sustainment of network based cyber defense capabilities within the organization. Security Engineers interact daily with a wide variety of industry leading network security products including, but not limited to, web-proxies, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, mail gateways, advanced malware defense systems, and TLS inspection solutions. Security Engineers provide support to fellow stakeholders when integrating new Cybersecurity requirements into the enterprise and maintain all production network security solutions that are servicing the organization.
• Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline. • 5+ years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment.
• Engineering of flows via proxy and CLI access for troubleshooting; Bluecoat ProxySG or Websense experience preferred. • Experience working in DMZ environments with good understanding of hardware load-balancing, firewalls and multi-tiered architectures. • Experienced with Packet capture • Routing
What you've done:
• Integrate external services with proxies via ICAP, proxy chaining, service offloads, etc. • Knowledge of web malware and how it can get inside the network and mitigation strategies. • Linux Experience; must know at least standard userland roles and tasks. • Knowledge of web security concepts and cyberattack vectors covering network through application layers. • Protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS etc. • In-depth knowledge of the OSI stack.
It would be awesome if you had:
• Hands-on CASB design, architecture and deployment (SkyHigh, Symantec
CloudSOC etc). • Hands-on research and deployment of Shadow IT/Unsanctioned Application products. • Good knowledge of authentication technologies (including NTLM, Kerberos, and SAML) is a plus. • Hands-on proxy knowledge; Bluecoats or Websense highly desirable. • Previous Lead experience is a plus • Scripting experience like Python, Bash • Knowledge of Data Protection Practices (Data At Rest, In Use, In Motion, etc) and their practical implementations. • Practical knowledge of web malware, it's propagation and mitigation strategies.
The ability to obtain a clearance may be required for this position.
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 340 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 1,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- MacBook Air or Pro
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental with generous employer family contributions
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
Equal Opportunity Employer
GuidePoint Security, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.