The Museum Audio Video Technician will work with the Harn’s Director of Museum Technology, Event and Facility Rental Coordinator, Director of Education and Curator of Academic Programs and other Harn staff performing a variety of technology tasks at Harn events that include hardware and software related to producing audio, video, and lighting. Candidate must be able to work variable hours, as needed, including weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Hours will fluctuate based on the events at the museum.
STU AST - NON CLER & ADMIN
The Museum Audio Video Technician, who will be supervised by the Director of Museum Technology, will have these responsibilities:
- Set up and store audio, video, and lighting hardware and monitors their function and performance.
- Assist event attendees with the utilization of the Harn’s technology
- Trouble-shoot and resolve failed hardware and software related to audio, video and lighting.
- Test technology-related hardware and software.
- Develop, deliver, and maintain documentation about audio, video and lighting hardware and software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must be able to work variable hours, as needed, including weekdays, evenings, and weekends. Hours will fluctuate based on the events at the museum.
$8.46 per hour
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with audio, video, and lighting hardware
- Flexible Schedule
- Federal Work Study preferred but not required
- Ability to use a computer to enter data or search the internet
- Familiarity with audio, video and lighting related hardware including computers, projectors, speakers, soundboards, microphones, video display devices, and electrical wiring
- Ability to climb ladders up to 8 feet
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Dependability and punctuality are essential
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
Please upload a resume and cover letter.
Applicants applying for this requisition may be hired as either Federal Work Study Student Assistants or OPS employees. If hired, applicants who are full time University of Florida students will be hired as Student Assistants, all other applicants will be hired as OPS employees.
|Health Assessment Required:||No|