The Harn Museum Bishop Study Center Student Education Assistant is responsible for facilitating a welcoming visitor experience and environment for a multigenerational and diverse population.
STU AST - CLERICAL & ADMIN
FEDERAL WORK STUDY POSITION ONLY.
The Harn Museum Bishop Study Center Student Education Assistant is responsible for facilitating a welcoming visitor experience and environment for a multigenerational and diverse population that includes families, students, docent tour guides, educators and other adult visitors to the Bishop Study Center, an interactive resource space in the art museum. This position is part-time, 4 hours per week. Schedule is Sundays from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
Primary duties include, but may not be limited to:
- introducing families to gallery activities, the hands-on collection, and other resources
- assisting visitors with online and/or print research related to the museum’s collections and exhibitions
- sharing information about upcoming programs and exhibitions with visitors
- keeping the space tidy and accessible
- other duties as assigned
$8.46 per hour.
Must have UF-awarded Federal Work Study
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Arts-related background preferred or demonstrated interest
- Research skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Computer fluency
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|
ONLY UF students with FEDERAL WORK STUDY financial aid will be considered for this position. Please apply online and attach resume and award letter showing Federal Work Study award for Summer and Fall 2019.
|Health Assessment Required:|