FedNow Business Operations Analyst
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions to provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
Position Contributions -
The business operations analyst will contribute to the testing support and integration team for the FedNow application. The business operations analyst will contribute to defining, testing and documenting processes to support business operations. The analyst will also work closely with other teams within FedNow to ensure a seamless operation.
What will be expected of you: -
- Develop subject matter expertise by contributing to business requirement and feature roadmaps from concept through delivery
- Develop detailed operations process flows and procedures
- Participate in agile activities (Release / Sub-Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Stand Up's, Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective)
- Support the development of test strategies, use cases and testing activities related to business operations
- Actively support and promote a continuous improvement environment
- Flexibility to support a growing organization through multiple roles
Expertise you would bring -
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to quickly gather, analyze and synthesize information
- Technical background with proven experience in an operations environment
- Initiative and innovation toward improving efficiency, enhancing effectiveness, and achieving high-quality results
- Strong collaboration, influencing skills, and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and handle multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work in an office environment and/or remotely as applicable
It's added value if you have-
- Experience working with payments systems (preferred)
- Expertise in work flow management and testing
- Experience working with agile software tools such as Octane, Jira, VersionOne, Trello
- Experience with other tools Splunk, Elastic, Gherkin, Cucumber, Tableau
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks.
The second phase, which might not be complete until after you begin working at the Reserve Bank, is an additional risk-based security screening determined by the risk rating of the position. Depending upon the sensitivity of the position, this phase may include, and is not limited to, work and residency eligibility verification, and personal interviews with the candidate, references, and prior employers.