The Female Housekeeper is responsible for providing a clean and safe club environment under the management of the Housekeeping Supervisor and with the support of the Housekeeping Team. The Female Housekeeper will interact positively with prospects, members, guests, and staff to ensure a positive experience. The Female Housekeeper also specifically responsible for cleaning and maintaining the women’s locker room throughout her scheduled work shift.
- Deliver the ultimate fitness experience to every member, every time
- Ensure cleanliness and upkeep of all club areas to include entry ways, exits, outdoor areas, women’s locker rooms, equipment, and floors
- Help members and guests feel welcome by greeting them and assisting with any needs
- Assist members with questions, women’s lockers, or other issues in a friendly manner, referring issues as needed
- Read and interpret Safety Data Sheets for personal and patron safety
- Clean and maintain club and exercise equipment
- Provide all members, guests, and visitors with excellent customer service
- Ensure that the sidewalk entrance and lobby are presentable
- Clean the women’s locker rooms and stock all locker room supplies
- Process and fold all laundry to maintain a constant supply of towels in clubs
- React promptly and professionally to any issues affecting club cleanliness or safety
- Report any equipment or facilities issues to Housekeeping Supervisor or General Manager Maintain all supplies, products, storage rooms, and laundry room per company and OSHA standards
- Use appropriate safety equipment and precautions for handling hazardous materials
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Complete all paperwork as assigned
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work morning, evening, and weekend shifts as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Basic knowledge of cleaning supplies and equipment
- Clear understanding of what constitutes a clean and sanitary environments
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Six months commercial cleaning experience preferred
- CPR/AED and Basic First Aid certification preferred
- Pool operator license preferred
Physical Activities, Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm\u0027s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Bonus
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you have an inquiry about an application or have a physical and/or mental disability and need special accommodations applying for a job using our online application system, please call 703-740-9009.
Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
US Fitness is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all hiring and employment practices strictly in accordance with applicable employment discrimination laws and regulations. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is illegal. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), pregnancy, protected veteran status, status as a uniformed service member under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“uniformed service member status”), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other categories defined by federal, state, or local law.