Outside Fiber Coordinator
Apex Systems has an opening for a Fiber Coordinator. This is a long-term rolling contract in Prince George's County and surrounding areas.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities of Fiber Coordinator:
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the daily activities of contractors
- Sets priorities for the team, assigns tasks, and checks work performance at regular intervals.
- Resolves customer inquiries in an organized and timely fashion.
- Manage the Access database and Excel spreadsheets
- Develops and trains staff.
- Supervises the daily schedule and delegates responsibilities.
- Monitors work production and quality, ensuring that all repairs meet required specifications and that all safety and Company procedures are followed.
- Enforces performance standards and guidelines for Field Operations. Implements/monitors ongoing work safety programs in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Coordinates and participates in work performance reviews along with providing ongoing open communication with the team.
- Analyzes operations and performances to assure operational efficiencies through productivity, quality control, customer satisfaction, and trouble calls on installs.
- Coordinates vehicle preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Orders supplies and equipment and keeps accurate records.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
Skills and Experience Fiber Coordinator:
- Knowledge of both OSP and ISP Construction
- Knowledge of hybrid fiber coax (HFC) networks preferred
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must be detailed oriented and possess the ability to multitask
- Understands the fundamentals of electronics and engineering
- Fiber Optic Design skills
- Cell Tower Experience
- PON Skills
- Experience with computer assisted drafting
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178