Contract to hire
Pay: up to $30/hr
My client is looking to add a Structured Cabling/Communications Technician in Phoenix, AZ office. Candidates must have prior experience with Cat5e, Cat6, punch downs, cable pulling, and terminations. Fiber Optic experience strongly preferred (terminating and testing).
The Company is a technology company, designing, building and maintaining voice, data and video networks throughout the country. They work closely with our technical partners to provide customized solutions for public and private K-12 and higher Ed schools, ports and terminals, hospitals, large and small commercial enterprises, and state, local, and federal agencies.
- Run, terminate, pull, and test copper cable
- Install and terminate fiber optic cable
- Test and troubleshoot a variety of cable types
- Maintain cleanliness and safety on job site
- Submit required documentation
- Assist with all aspects of the project as directed by the Site Superintendent
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years' experience installing low voltage cabling (Cat5, Cat6, and fiber optic cable)
- Experience with punch downs, terminations, pulling, and testing
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug screen, physical, background check, and Livescan (Dept. of Justice) Fingerprint criminal check
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- These positions will work evening hours. Must be willing and able to work evenings (starting at approximately 2:30 PM)
- 2- 3 years' experience terminating fiber
- 2 years' experience using a Fluke tester
Client offers competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision; paid vacation and holidays; and a 401k matching program once full time employee.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com