Open Until Filled
This position serves as a Senior Economic Analyst in the Office of Consumer Advocate. This position is responsible for making formal recommendations based on independent analysis, investigation and research regarding all aspects of utility rate setting; provides expert written and oral testimony in utility cases; serves on various national and regional committees related to utility regulation. The performance of these duties requires in-state and out-of state travel.
Human Resource Contact: Barbara Tomlinson 307-777-7416 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Conducts advanced economic demographic and revenue related research.
- Performs statistical research; analyzes economic and demographic data.
- Consults regarding access and use of financial, economic and demographic information.
- Produces research projects and/or reports and other materials.
- Evaluates and interprets results through written reports, expert testimony, formal presentations.
- Writes published reports, articles, training materials, and presentations for internal and external clients.
- Develops and conducts surveys.
- Develops statistical and economic models for technical reporting, special studies and expert testimony.
- Gives presentations in regulatory proceedings.
- Interprets agency rules and statutes; interprets federal rules, regulations and statutes.
- Participates in regulatory hearings as an expert witness concerning utility regulation, compliance and complaints.
- Analyzes testimony and exhibits of expert witnesses, assists in the preparation of cross-examination of witnesses.
- Engages in discussions and negotiations regarding the settlement and disposition of contested issues in utility filings.
- Participates, as required, in multi-jurisdictional matters such as cost allocation, integrated resource planning and multi-sate market initiatives in which Wyoming utilities are implicated.
- Advises the OCA with regard to PSC rule making matters and proposed state legislation.
- Participates in the preparation of draft rules, draft legislation and comments on proposals.
- Appears with other OCA staff members before the Commission in rule making hearings.
- Appears before legislative committees in support of the OCA regarding proposed legislation.
- Analyzes, interprets and understands proposed rules and policies of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Federal Communications Commission, federal legislation and other state and federal agencies regarding utility matters.
- Prepares written comments on these rules and laws representing the OCA position.
- Investigates, analyzes and prepares recommendations on issues and advises OCA management in the area of energy efficiency and demand side management practices.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on various national and regional committees.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Agency: 023-Public Service Commission - Office of Consumer Advocate