Our biotech client provides novel tools to meet the specific needs of today's researchers. Our applications specialists are in the field with customers every day, analyzing new cell types, validating new cell-based assays, and exploring new therapeutic areas. We are seeking a well-trained Field Application Scientist in Lawrence, MA who is technically strong to collaborate with and support territory business, give demonstrations and technology seminars, install instruments, and provide in-field technical support and customer service.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES
- Conduct product demonstrations at customer sites and remotely
- Perform instrument installations and train customers remotely and at customer sites
- Present technology and applications at various scientific seminars and conferences
- Collaborate with territory sales manager for local prospecting activities
- Participate in local vendor shows to develop local contacts
- Collaborate with territory sales manager and customers to resolve product issues
- Participate in national and regional trade show activities as needed
- Collect feedback from the field and document all detailed info to improve products and applications
- Generate technical demonstration reports as well as customer interaction memos
- Keep good records of technical reports and customer interaction information
- Attend company organized internal and external technical training, sales skill training, and career development training
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Candidates must have strong communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, extremely organized, and able to complete tasks in a timely and autonomous manner.
- Experience with cell biology, cell culture, and cell-based assay development are required
- Expertise in either of the following areas is required: hands-on experience with either fluorescence microscopy or flow cytometry.
- Expertise in either of the following areas is considered a plus: fluorescent immunocytochemistry and protein chemistry experience.
- Computer software experience for image or flow-based analysis, data acquisition, and interpreting experimental results is preferred.
- Working experience in biology labs is required.
- Familiarity with biological material and safety protocols, including knowledge of GMP/GLP requirements and criteria.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Experience in customer service in a sales environment is preferred.
- Ability to problem solve is a must.
- Previous experience as a field application scientist or in a customer facing role is highly preferred.