The Field Applications Scientist contributes to the Company’s commercial and operational success by providing -omics subject matter expertise to North American sales personnel and customers, and to internal operations. Customers are found in pre-clinical and clinical research in Pharma/Biotech and Direct-to-Customer companies, and life science research laboratories in Government and Academia. Role to be based in a major US Biotech Hub (Boston, San Francisco, New Jersey preferred). The candidate must be comfortable working in a highly matrixed organization.
Major Responsibilities, Activities and Task Statements:
- Understands and promotes the Company’s approach to providing Biobanking and -genomic-based solutions
- Assist Senior Business Director in the development of new, genomics and oncology-focused laboratory services
- Provides subject matter expertise and supports sales team during Brooks or customer site engagements, and at conferences
- Prepares and makes technical and sales orientated presentations at conferences and other external and internal events, introducing potential customers and the sales team
- Generates sales tools that help sales team present solutions and key proof statements to customers
- Collaborates with Marketing team to help them build territory or initiative specific demand generation campaigns
- Seeks customer case studies and vets marketing materials for technical accuracy
- Assists sales leaders in onboarding new sales hires from a technical perspective
- Solicits market input and supports business line leader in defining strategies and pricing for new or improved services
- Builds a network of scientific and partner/potential partner connections
- Assists leadership in identifying new laboratory services.
- PhD in the Life Sciences with 3+ years experience working with genomic technologies especially microarray and NGS.
- 3+ years experience spent in a field applications role supporting the sale of diagnostic tests or molecular laboratory services
- Robust understanding of bioinformatic platforms for test interpretation.
- Strong presenter of technical concepts and solutions benefits to groups of customers in person, in writing and on the phone
- Excellent collaborator with empowerment centric leadership style
- Up to date understanding of trends in drug research, therapies and biological and analytical techniques.
- Good working knowledge of GxP, CAP, CLIA, CLP, and GCP regulations and guidelines
- Must be able to collaborate with sales team, business unit peers and staff in other Brooks Life Sciences businesses.
- Home based in a major biotech hub or office based in Indianapolis.
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Direct experience with molecular diagnostics
- Solid understanding of molecular offerings in oncology
- Solid understanding of histo/pathology services