ERM is seeking Field Biologist to conduct biological monitoring for project efforts throughout the United States. This role is a temporary, hourly field-based position. These field-based positions are revolving/on-going positions that are filled on an as-needed basis for specific projects. Successful candidates must be flexible and responsive to a challenging and changing work environment where schedules and tasks fluctuate according to the needs of the project.
- Monitoring efforts include avian surveys, aquatic species relocations, snake monitoring, and plant relocations.
- General habitat and avian nesting experience
- Electronic data collection.
- Handheld and sub-meter accurate GPS data collection.
- Daily reporting and survey report compilation.
- Coordinating with construction contractors, project managers, and resource specialists.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- BS degree in a natural science field of study.
- Minimum of two field seasons with biological field work.
- CPUC qualified is preferred
- Experience preparing Section 404, 401, 1600, 2081 permit applications
- Ability to work safely outdoors in variable weather conditions.
- Must have a strong attentional to detail in documentation of work.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Work schedule may include weekends and/or over-time.
- Desire to work in the field for extended periods of time and maintain a positive attitude.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Demonstrated independent and effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-hire background check and drug test.
An Evergreen Requisition is an advertisement for positions that ERM hires for throughout the year. It is a way for ERM to build a database of qualified, interested individuals for a particular job function so that when there is a need to fill that type of role, the hiring process will be faster. By applying to an Evergreen Requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within ERM.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!