Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Honolulu office offers a unique work environment and specializes in Natural and Cultural Resources consulting.
Your role will be to assist the biological studies on Maui, and possily other islands. You should be able to work on Maui.
Conduct a variety of natural resources field studies including habitat assessments, mammal, wildlife and avian surveys, wetlands delineations, and vegetation inventory. Monitor areas during project activities that could be destructive to habitat or potentially hazardous to endangered or threatened species. Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas, habitat types, and associated landforms. Photograph appropriate habitat, species, and landforms, and collection and other procedures. Specific focus of studies will be entomological surveys and assessments.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biology, botany, ecology, natural resource management, zoology environmental science, entomology, or a related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience completing biological surveys and fieldwork; experience on Maui preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to identify sensitive plant and wildlife species of Hawaii, with specific focus on invertebrates highly preferred.
- Ability to record complete and accurate data.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.