Clean Harbors Compton, CA is looking for a Field Chemist to join their safety conscious team! These positions work both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites and are responsible for assisting with daily labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. These positions will work at various customer locations, such as but not limited to hospitals, retail, pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing companies. These are NOT laboratory-based positions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Execution of labpack jobs and the proper packaging of hazardous waste;
- Print required labels and label drums;
- Load and pack the waste properly and segregate for compatibility on the transport vehicle;
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped;
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Valid Driver’s License - Class B CDL an asset or must be willing to obtain CDL;
- Chemical handling experience and/or chemistry knowledge;
- Previous experience in a physically demanding position;
- Strong customer service skills;
- 40hr HAZWOPER training preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.