Posting Date: Mar 5, 2019
Primary Location: Americas-United States of America-New York-Purchase
Job: Wealth Management
The Wealth Management Communications team is a department within Morgan Stanley’s Corporate Communications department. The team provides comprehensive internal and client communication support to all Wealth Management businesses. The Internal Communications Specialist role will be responsible for acting as a communications advisor, assisting with the development and execution of fully integrated internal communications, ensuring that communications align with and support the key business objectives and principles of the business. This individual will create and implement innovative and strategic internal communication programs that drive engagement, share information and convey change to the field (20,000+ Financial Advisors, Service Professionals and Managers in our 600+ branch locations throughout the US).
The individual in this role will be report to the Senior Internal Communications Specialist.
• Supports the Senior Internal Communications Specialist in defining internal communication strategies and plans to support business requirements and deliver desired outcomes
• Partners with Wealth Management businesses to gain a clear understanding of business initiatives and effectively translate them to communication objectives and strategies
• Reviews, edits and manages the production of internal field communications (e.g. internal publications, talking points, FAQs, field notifications, branch training materials)
• Actively engages in the Wealth Management project portfolio and related release schedules in order to support communication planning and implementation across all businesses, including socialization to senior management, steering committees, councils, etc.
• Delivers communications to employees through a range of digital platforms and channels
• Ensures accuracy, clarity and consistency of communications, reflecting strategic messaging, broader firm objectives and issues/change management
• Partners with Wealth Management support areas, such as marketing and training, to develop a holistic rollout plan for initiatives
• Reviews and provides feedback on all client communications prior to review with internal client communications committee
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal, client focus, and organizational skills
• Strong decision making, analytical evaluation, risk management, and effective problem solving skills
• Highly organized with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple deliverables
• Effective collaboration and negotiation skills
• Highly detail-oriented with the ability to leverage available resources to work efficiently
• Microsoft Office proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Minimum experience of 3+ years in a Financial Services organization. Wealth Management preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required