How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Supports the Field Team. General day to day priorities will include completing administrative tasks, managing multiple schedules, securing travel arrangements, preparing and submitting expense reports and providing customer service support to Executive Directors. Additionally, this person may take on special projects such as coordination of teams & logistics for Enterprise meeting, presentation preparation and other special projects as assigned by the Chief Relationship Officer and her senior leaders.
- Administrative Support which includes scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, document preparation and other tasks as assigned in support of the RVPs and Chief Relationship Officer. This person also provides back-up support for the Chief Relationship Officer as needed.
- Monthly coordination with finance to prepare field reports and distribute to the Field.
- As projects evolve from the Field Team and in support of chapters, the Field Coordinator will take on the responsibility of owning pieces or all of a project component. This may include meeting logistics, presentation creation/management, document review, etc.
- This position is critical to the appropriate onboarding of Senior Field Team Members and Executive Directors. This including managing the onboarding checklist, scheduling key initial meetings for the new hire and working with Operations and HR to ensure a successful training and onboarding experience.
- This role will support the Field Team with organizing the logistics, presentations, speakers and other critical assets for ED Orientations, RVP Regional Meetings and other meetings where the Chief Relationship Officer is mobilizing the field for learning and professional development.
- As a member of the field team who is intimately involved in the primary projects affecting the field, the position serves as one of the primary contact points for Executive Directors, FODs and other key field staff who need support in executing projects. This position will provide phone and email support and will be required to make executive decisions on guidance with and without the support of senior field staff.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree ok, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 4+ years of administrative experience
- 4+ years of project execution experience
- Travel up to 15% annually
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Strong organizational Skills
- Strong project Management Skills
- Significant travel planning, logistics and booking experience
- Experience working in a national/chapter type of environment
- Deep understanding of foundational customer service skills and experience performing customer service with remote teams