Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is looking for bright, motivated, and passionate field data collection technicians to join our team in Camp Hill, PA! This position requires no previous experience, and on-the-job training will be provided. The ideal candidate can expect to participate in an environment of continuous learning, with new challenges in ARA’s pursuit for technical excellence.
What you will do as a field data collection technician:
- Travel throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Learn operation, calibration, and maintenance of equipment
- Drive or operate van- or trailer-mounted data collections systems
- Track production, expenses, and other items using Excel or other tools
- Occasionally process and compare data using proprietary tools, Excel, etc.
- Mobilize/drive equipment between offices, projects, and the equipment manufacturers
Field data collection technician requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a clean driving record, and be able to pass a DOT physical
- Excellent driving skills and willingness to drive pickup trucks and vans, sometimes with trailers
- Willing and available to travel, occasionally for weeks at a time
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, email, copying files)
- Mechanical aptitude (basic automotive mechanical knowledge: change a tire, spark plug, or engine oil)
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work at a computer work station for long periods of time
- Ability to drive long distances and work in an automobile for long periods of time
- Ability to meet weekly quotas after training period is complete
- Willingness to work occasional overtime hours if needed
- Flexible schedule that will include working weekends and nights, with overtime hours as needed to complete tasks
- Ability to work as part of a crew of 2-3 individuals working remotely
- High school diploma or equivalent
ARA is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,300 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in civil technologies, computer software and simulation, defense technologies, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for pavement analysis, environmental site characterization, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description