Precision Concrete Construction, Inc. (www.precision-concrete.com) constructs the most challenging concrete projects throughout the Southeast.
Founded in 1986, Precision Concrete operates on a diverse set of projects throughout the construction industry. Projects cover market sectors such as retail, healthcare, entertainment, institutional, airport, heavy industrial and multifamily.
Personally, perform daily construction staking tasks for all phases of concrete and rebar construction. Perform calculations from plans for laying out foundations, columns, slabs, and elevators, etc. Perform as-built surveys for quality control and documentation purposes. Operate a company vehicle and all associated survey instruments and tools Provide direction to the surveyor s assistant if one is assigned to your project(s).
Essential Job Functions
Duties include, but will not be limited to
- Read blueprints and perform field computations from plans for layouts.
- Read structural and architectural blueprints and assist Project Engineer in formulating RFI s.
- Assist crew chief with layout & shooting grades.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor s direction.
- Set-up and operate robotic total station, back sights and operate prism pole and data collector for precise layouts.
- Perform layouts using Survey Pro software and Ranger Data Collector.
- Perform As-builts as needed for embeds, concrete, and other structural components.
- Provide field training to crew member.
- Obtain company provided safety training certifications.
- Run level loops and provide grades for formwork and rebar placement.
- Keep equipment clean and calibrated.
- AutoCAD, Robotics, Obtain OSHA 30 certification and CPR/First-Aid.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in construction staking. AutoCAD skills a plus.
- Must be able to learn and proficiently use Survey Pro Surveying software for computation and layouts.
- Able to provide strong leadership and communication to survey assistant(s) and carpenter foremen.
- Experienced at problem solving and being an effective communicator.
- Must be able to operate all engineering equipment used in the field, computer and other office equipment such as fax, calculator, document reproducing equipment and communications equipment. Position also requires a valid driver license and must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Time Off
- 401k with company matching
- Training and Development
- Career Development