The selected field engineer will perform routine, engineering tasks under the direct supervision of a project engineer with the goal of developing more advanced applied engineering skills.
Position will be based out of Wytheville, VA, with project travel.
- Actively involved in project safety programs
- Assist with Project and Field Supervision
- Track and report quantities of work performed
- Assist in improving project quality and productivity
- Promote communication between the field and office staffs
- Responsible for project specific tasks assigned by higher level manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 3 years with a heavy civil or steel erection contractor or equivalent work experience
- Experience with steel erection projects a plus
- Experience with Structural Concrete and Mass Concrete a plus
- Ability to read blueprints/plans
- Flexibility to adapt to new challenges
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work to meet project deadlines
- Ability to solve practical problems through the application of basic engineering principals and sound reasoning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office concentrations in Excel
- Must be willing to travel or relocate as necessary for projects
- Works both indoors and outdoors.
- Environment can be dirty and noisy.
- Wears appropriate protective clothing and equipment including gloves, ear protection and respirators when necessary.
- Lifting up to 50 LBS.
- Stands frequently and walks about the work areas
- Occasionally stretches up and across when completing daily tasks
- Squatting, crouching or kneeling may be required occasionally.
- Twisting the body or neck may be required occasionally.
- Bending is occasionally required to facilitate the lifting of items used daily
- Contact with skin irritants or water may occur during certain processes
- Repetitive hand and arm movements are required when operating machinery.
- The employee must be able to perform the physical demands of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Brayman Construction Corporation is a leading heavy civil and geotechnical contractor with office headquarters in suburban Pittsburgh, PA with satellite office in Wytheville, VA to serve our customers in the Southern WV, VA, NC, SC and TN region. Incorporated in 1947, Brayman has grown, diversified and evolved its construction services from a small bridge and concrete company to a large, nationally recognized provider of complex, heavy civil construction projects servicing both public and private sector clients throughout the Midwest and along the entire east coast. The Company has expertise in a wide variety of projects including large scale complex bridges, deep foundation, marine and dam construction and rehabilitation, complex and heavy steel erection and rehabilitation and demolition services.
This job description is presented as guidance only, other reasonable tasks or responsibilities as management sees necessary may be added to this job description in order to achieve satisfactory job performance by the team member.
Brayman Construction is a drug and alcohol free workplace. As a condition of employment, all Personnel will be required to submit to drug/alcohol testing when requested by the Company, including pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and follow-up testing.
A pre-employment drug and/or alcohol test shall be administered to all applicants/new hires applying for employment for all positions and at all locations, including job sites, shop and yard, and the office.
Employment at Brayman Construction is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. All new hires will be required to submit to a background check as a condition of employment.
Our company, in accordance with state and federal laws, does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status (unless such discrimination is required by law) or conviction record, except where sex, physical ability, age or conviction record is a bona fide occupational qualification. Our company also is required by law, by virtue of its contracts with the federal government, to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified handicapped individuals, and Vietnam-era, disabled, and other eligible veterans.