Provide mechanical,technical, and hands-on maintenance support to BIVI process/productionoperations. Will provide technical troubleshootingand training in the setup and operation of production equipment including allaspects of mechanical systems such as steam traps, heat exchangers, valves,pressure vessels, pumps, motors, bearings, drives, bioreactors, agitators, andseals. Will also provide basicelectrical troubleshooting and maintenance support of instruments andcontrols. Hands on will includetroubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, PM, testing, repairing, andmodifying/improving equipment as outlined on a weekly schedule.
As an employee ofBoehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery,development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Ourglobal presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborateinternationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute tothe companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantagelie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster ahealthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility,networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefitprograms reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
- Maintain productionprocess equipment supporting production schedules and qualityrequirements. Duty may includeadditional operations equipment. 50%
- Identify, determine,and seek approvals within change control requirements for equipment upgrades toenhance performance & reliability. 5%
- Maintain work recordhistories of all equipment utilizing the computerized maintenance managementsystem (CMMS) for creating and documenting work orders for all required workwhether performed internally or by contractors. 5%
- Perform all dutieswithin the guidelines and policies required of a GMP environment and followingall corporate and local requirements of budget management, finance,environmental health & safety, as well as all governing and regulatoryagencies. 10%
- Develop and improvepreventive maintenance procedures. 10%
- Support &utilize the basic application of PdM technologies such as vibration analysis,infrared thermography, ultrasound, oil analysis, and motor circuit analysis forcondition monitoring, preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting tasks in aneffort to improve the overall reliability of the equipment. 5%
- Work with productionoperators and supervisors to identify training and process issues and thenassist in identifying solutions for these issues. 5%
- Utilize maintenancebest practices tools such as laser alignment, dial indicators, calipers, torquewrenches, etc. while performing equipment maintenance tasks. 5%
- Utilize schematics,prints, BMS, and SCADA to become a system(s) expert for a Building B Processand or Utility, with full knowledge of operation, PM requirements, to repair orreplace components of system and to shutdown and startup system followingproper procedures. 5%
- Education: NationalJoint Apprenticeship Training (Journeyman) or degree in technical trade schoolpreferred and 10 years of maintenance experience in three of the following fiveareas preferred. A) Fermentation, B) Bioreactors, C) CIP, D) Process Piping,and E) Pure Steam.
- 10 years of experiencein performing and or writing PM’s (in the pharmaceutical industry, preferred.) Abilityto work in outdoor environments as needed.
- Ability to handlestressful situations of job demand.
- Limited travelinvolved.
- Ability to workflexible hours and meet overtime demands as needed.
- Medium Work (Level3) - Ability to demonstrate physical abilities as defined below:
- Exerting up 50pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Carrying 50 poundsoccasionally and 30 pounds frequently
- Pushing and pulling50 pounds occasionally
- Sitting occasionally
- Climb stairs,balancing, bending/stooping, crouching/squatting frequently
- Twisting/spinalrotation, above shoulder work, low level work frequently
- Fine fingerdexterity/ grasping –firm and reaching forward frequently
- Grasping –lightconstantly
- Pinching and writingfrequently
- Periods of extendeduse of Personal Protective Equipment occasionally
- Periods of extendeduse of respiratory protections occasionally
- Facial hair cannotinterfere with seal of respiratory equipment
- Periods of physicalactivity in work environments of high or low temperatures and/or high or lowhumidity occasionally
- Visual / HearingDemands:
- Near acuity (<20in.) & Far acuity (>20 ft.) constantly, Contact lenses are allowable
- Color Visionfrequently
- Depth Perceptionconstantly
- Hearing demandsfrequently
- A working knowledgewith five (5) years of cGMP, EU and OSHA Part 11 guidelines as they pertain tofulfilling maintenance functions on Production Equipment and Utility Systemspreferred.
- Demonstrates thewillingness to learn and comply with any/all departmental SOP’s.
- General knowledge ofmaintenance and construction of buildings, utility piping systems, productionand facility machines. Ability to readdrawings. Knowledge of machine tools.
- Two (2) years ofGeneral knowledge of electronics, electrical wiring and communicationsequipment or boilers and refrigeration operation and repair.
- Computer Skills:Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel. Experience in Maximo, INFOR or SAP CMMS is preferred but notnecessary.
- Math Skills: Must beproficient in basic math skills equivalent to the 12th grade.
- Carrying 50 poundsoccasionally and 30 pounds frequently
Desired Skills,Experience and Abilities:
- Desired 1st classboiler operator license with experience in operation of high pressureboiler.
- Also desired isUniversal Refrigeration License.
- Must be legallyauthorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing totake a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years ofage or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovationwith one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthroughtherapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical needfor both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long termperformance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture adiverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development forall employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visitboehringer-ingelheim.com andjoin us in our effort to make more health.
BoehringerIngelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., BoehringerIngelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., BoehringerIngelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont,Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed toa culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin;age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil unionstatus; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexualorientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical orpsychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victimstatus; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetictesting) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state orlocal law.