The Field Human Resources Manager will be based in Houston, TX and will support the Doggett Machinery and Heavy Machinery groups in its objective to consistently adhere to all employment policies & procedures, compliance with State & Federal laws, including Equal Employment Opportunity and OSHA. This position will carry out responsibilities in employee relations, coaching, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
- inate all staffing activities for the business unit.
- Respond to employee relations issues and participate in unemployment hearings.
- Conduct all new hire orientations.
- Maintain applicant flow records, employee files, and risk management records.
- Conduct benefits enrollment for the business unit.
- Perform all payroll functions for both hourly & salary payrolls.
- Conduct investigations related to employee, regulatory complaints or safety related issues.
- Prepare for disciplinary action by guiding managers, gathering documentation and assisting in the documentation of the disciplinary action paperwork.
- Work with managers to improve working relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention, and to ensure compliant HR practices in their locations.
- Partner with management to implement and communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Manage all worker’s compensation claims.
- Perform all day-to-day personnel related issues for the business unit.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Participate in staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervision.
- May a
- ttend safety committee meetings
- Provide additional training as needed for workforce.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of the business unit or HR Director.
- lent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, as well as strong time management skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- ge Degree in a related field is preferred or an equivalent combination of (2) years related work experience and/or formal education or training is required.
- HR Certification is desired, but not required
- 50% travel by car or plane is required
The Field HR Manager must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
Doggett is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer