TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Field Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in the San Francisco Bay area.
Job Summary: The Field Maintenance Supervisor assists in the coordination of technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, and preventative maintenance. Ensures adequate records and systems are maintained. Schedules personnel responding to critical situations. Maintains communication between field personnel and management teams to ensure proper procedures and policies are followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules crews to cover maintenance and/or installation activities.
- Monitors preventative and predictive maintenance tasks and schedules.
- Performs quality control inspections.
- Reports and supports system related issues.
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly reports of activities to manager.
- Assists with equipment and system troubleshooting.
- Supervises and monitors performance of field support personnel.
- Coordinates efforts with Field Support Manager for operational activities.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware, software, and system issues.
- Reports technical status of system with accuracy and completeness.
- Works with higher level support personnel on responding to issues.
- Ensures that company policies are being enforced and that project safety and traffic control requirements are being met.
- Trains new personnel.
Education: Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Required Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Repair Skills
- Installation Skills
- Systems/Software Support
- Hardware Interfacing Skills
- Hardware Design
- Software Integration Skills
- TCP/IP Networking
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Design
- Configuration Skills
- Technical Documentation
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and moving traffic. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description