Job Opening: Field Marketing Representative
Desired Start Date: January 1st, 2019
Applications Accepted: Until Filled
Leatherman Tool Group Inc. is seeking several Field Marketing Representatives who will act as brand ambassador for the Leatherman brand creating goodwill within retail stores and at select Leatherman supported events. Serves as the eyes, ears, and voice out on the road for the Leatherman brand. Share information ranging from company values and technical product information, to industry trends and emerging lifestyle ideals.
- Education: Coordinate and execute product clinics for staff in specified retail accounts.
- Exposure: Be the Leatherman brand ambassador for specified retail accounts establishing strong relationships and credibility. Provide team support and expertise during events and sales meetings.
- Communication: Maintain a detailed appointment schedule which will be regularly shared with your Manager.
- Reporting: Perform administrative duties such as field reports, scheduling, and action plans.
- Merchandising: Distribute and install POP materials within retail locations (i.e. displays, banners, etc.).
- Inventory: Ensure stock levels are appropriate. Create inventory reports for each account visited and report on CRM.
- Opportunity: Identify fill-in opportunities and submit weekly reports that chronicle the details of store visits and Leatherman events. Each report will be based on feedback from the following areas:
- General visit notes (i.e. employees present, inventory levels, shipping issues, POP requests, etc.).
- Product feedback for both Leatherman and competition.
- Sell through information for both Leatherman and competition.
- Trends as they relate to POP and merchandising materials.
- In store promotions for both Leatherman and competition (i.e. sales contests and GWP).
- Event details (i.e. items sold, estimated attendance, photos, etc.).
- Ensures accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Instills trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Action Oriented – Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Resourcefulness – Secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently.
- Interpersonal savvy – Relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Communicates effectively – Develop and deliver a variety of communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Situational adaptability – Adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Nimble learning – Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns – Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Manages ambiguity – Operate effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience post college.
- 2-3 years of experience in retail sales.
- Experience in field marketing or sales preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word and Excel.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record (No D.U.I.’s and minimal points on license).
- Personal knowledge of the Outdoor/Industrial community within the territory strongly desired.
- Willing to travel approximately 70% of the time.
Leatherman Territories (must live in one of the cities in each territory listed or within 30 miles of cities listed below):
- Portland, OR
- Seattle/Tacoma, WA
- Las Vegas, NV
- Sacramento, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Chicago, IL
- Madison, WI
- Minneapolis, MN
- Dallas, TX
- Atlanta, GA
- Charlotte, NC
- Columbia, SC
- Philadelphia, PA
- Hartford, CT
- New Jersey, NJ
Physical Demands, Working Conditions/Physical Hazards: Position is field based with up to 70% travel via airplane or vehicle. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand or walk; sit; use hands to handle, grasp, or keyboard; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally climbs; bends, stoops or crouches; lifts; pushes/pulls; and talks and hears. In addition, employee must be able to lift 5 lbs. Occasionally will lift items with a maximum of 55 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a personal home or similar setting. Employee will occasionally be exposed to a production environment. Job requires travel up to 70%.
To Apply: Please give extra consideration and time to each question when you apply thru our online applicant module. You will want to allow yourself 15-20 minutes, we do consider this a key part of our selection process. Please attach a resume and watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan with Performance Multiplier, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Onsite Health Clinic, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, On Premise Gym, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . Including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening for illegal substances only, is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.