To inspect, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and structural parts in the shop and field environment.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities
- Maintenance and repair of vertical turbine, split case, and open face impeller pumps
- Assist in maintaining departmental maintenance documentation
- Perform mechanical and lubrication preventative maintenance: Identify potential failures/ noises / wear on impellers, rotors and gear boxes
- Competent in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, handling and fusion of HDPE pipe, bearings, basic metallurgy (stress cracking, metal compatibility), conveyor systems, plumbing, blue prints, schematics, and mobile equipment
- May operate equipment such as: Forklifts, overhead cranes, pneumatic air tools, and small mobile equipment
- Laser & dial indicator shaft alignment
- Performs a wide variety of manual labor duties in the SXEW plant and leaching operations- Involving light to heavy physical labor over extended periods of time
- Follows and understands MSHA rules and regulations, Environmental rules and regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work area instructions, participates in safety and environmental activities, uses plant and equipment correctly at all times
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned according to business needs
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in welding/cutting (MIG, TIG, ARC, Oxy-acetylene)
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, welding, handling and fusion of HDPE pipe, plumbing, machine shop, blue prints, schematics, fabrication, and part lists and repair.
- Qualified to operate Boom trucks with cranes and knowledgeable of safe rigging practices
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair.
- Applicant must have good communications skills (oral and written).
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Availability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays (shifts may be rotating, operations are 24/7/365).
- Ability to work in adverse climate/temperature environment.
- Is expected to maintain tools of the trade, equipment work and work areas in a neat orderly, safe and healthful condition.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in mechanical/maintenance crafts (including welder, boilermaker, machinist or facility maintenance/construction), related mechanical experience or a combination of education and experience.
The Ray mine is located 64 miles southeast of Phoenix and 70 miles northeast of Tucson. We have a robust carpool / vanpool program and encourage employees to participate. Employees save more than 50% of their commuting costs while reading, sleeping or just enjoying the view.
A core value of ASARCO LLC is “Safety First.” The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the most safe, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that s/he works within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low cost benefits package for medical/prescription/ dental/vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage, and 401(k) plan with company match.