Impact Networking is seeking customer service focused individuals with a wide knowledge base for computers and networks to provide remote and on-site technical support and customer service. Impact Managed IT Services division is a network
management solution for clients that range in size from 10-200 nodes and provides 100% maintenance and management of client’s networks.
The role of the Field Network Engineer is challenging and rewarding and requires a strong and vast technical skill set along with business acumen and interpersonal skills. There are many hats to be worn and all require different skills. The focus of the job at Impact is always excellent customer service. We strive to make sure our clients are happy and that their networks are secure and running optimally. The primary job focus is on specifying and implementing a full range of Network solutions for clients.
The Field Network Engineer will perform these following roles:
- Pre Sales:
- Working with the Account Mangers and VCIO roles you will act as the technical subject matter expert in prospective client engagements. This is a supporting role to help explain and define the proper technologies that might fit in with each prospective client.
- Manage the System Assessment process. This includes the onsite interviews, RMM tool configuration and deployment on the client network, physical review and documentation of the IT assets. Once the field work is done the Engineer then must analyze the data collected and produce a detailed technical document that outlines the client network with our technical recommendations.
- Conduct the in person System Assessment review meeting. This includes walking the client through the technical aspects of the System Assessment documentation and explaining our recommendations. This requires the ability to take the technical details and explain them to C level prospects in a non-technical way. The emphasis is always on showing the client the value we bring and getting them excited about our Managed IT Services. The end goal is getting the client to sign up for our Complete Care full managed IT program.
- IT Project implementation:
- Plan and lead the installation and configuration of all recommendations made during the System Assessment process. This requires the technical skills to implement the core networking technologies. These include Windows Server, Hyper-V or VMWare, Exchange, SharePoint, Firewalls (SonicWall, Meraki and others), BDR Solutions (StorageCraft), Switching, Active Directory and Group Policy configuration, Cloud Services such as Office 365 and Azure and many others. This also includes the configuration of our RMM tool to monitor and alert on all critical client network components.
- Work with the Level 1 and Level 2 Help Desk teams to plan and implement the client management and maintenance plans that include Windows and 3rd party software patching, Line of Business application updates, A/V profiles and scan schedules, Workstation clean up, Active Directory management and all network documentation.
- Act as the top tier technical support expert and work to resolve complex technical issues that are escalated from the level 1 and 2 Help Desk technicians.
- On Board:
- Work with the account managers and VCIO roles to conduct end user On-Boarding meetings to explain the Complete Care program and show clients how to interact with our Help Desk. Walk users through the Complete Care end user guide and ensure the client understands the process while emphasizing our commitment to Customer Service.
- Work with the Account Managers and VCIO roles to prepare monthly and quarterly reports about the clients network health and performance, end user tickets and all client communications. Continuously working to align the clients IT needs with their business goals.
- Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems
- Active Directory design, management and maintenance
- Microsoft Exchange, SQL and SharePoint
- DNS, DHCP, Remote Desktop Services
- VMWare, Hyper-V and other virtualization technologies
- Storage solutions: SAN, NAS, Shared storage, ISCSI, Fiber Channel
- Firewalls, switches and other networking technologies
- Disaster Recovery solutions and backup technologies
- Office365, Azure and other "cloud" solutions
- Mobile operating systems (IOS, Android, Windows)
- RMM tools such as N-Able, Kasaya or LabTech
- College Graduates with focus on IT, MIS, or Networking
- Computer Related Degree or Industry Certifications
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must be able to do some light lifting