Incorporated in 1980, OPD is still managed by its original founders whose reputation for honesty, integrity and technical excellence is unmatched in the industry. Although generally thought of as a smaller E & C firm, OPD has successfully completed several projects in excess of $500MM on a turnkey basis. In 1997, OPD became a Koch Chemical Technology Group company, which further enhanced OPD's reputation and increased its financial strength.
OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services, as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred vendor with our clients. Our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work. This environment has allowed us to attract and maintain exceptional employees and build long lasting client relationships, which will help to ensure our long term business success.
- Ability to coordinate delivery of materials and equipment with corporate purchasing/warehousing departments.
- Plan and track all items entering and leaving the job site (process equipment, construction materials, rental equipment, consumables)
- Assist Construction Manager with planning and execution of construction schedule.
- Work closely with QC department to complete inspections and job data books.
- Maintain constant communication with field supervision and project manager to discuss work to be completed throughout the project and ensure the project is on schedule.
- Manage subcontractors onsite to ensure their work is being completed on time, safety, and within the quality requirements and specifications of the project.
- Manage vendor relationships and their equipment for whole life cycle of a project.
- Manages Purchase Order process and oversees shipping and receiving of materials and equipment to the jobsite.
- Ability to manage logistical details of construction projects from grass-roots to mechanical completion.
- Oversee and direct daily work of material trackers/handlers.
- Communicate with Client on progress and schedule.
- Must have solid working knowledge of materials and equipment involved in plant construction.
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture.
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing site logistics in an Oil and Gas heavy civil construction environment.
- Three (3) or more years of experience tracking/scheduling construction equipment and materials.
- Three (3) or more years of experience negotiating and managing vendor and equipment contracts.
- One (1) or more years of practical experience working with business software such as MS Office, SAP, Oracle, etc.
- Working knowledge of start-up plant construction.
- Working knowledge of materials specifications and codes.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed up to 100% of the time.
- Willing and able to move from one jobsite to another with short notice.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meeting stringent deadlines.
- 7+ years of experience managing site logistics in an Oil and Gas construction environment.
- 7+ years of experience tracking/scheduling construction equipment and materials.
- 7+ years of experience negotiating and managing vendor and equipment contracts.
- 3+ years of experience working in a specific craft (i.e. piping, welding, civil).
- Associate’s degree or higher in an applicable field.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf