Job Title: Field Operations Manager// 1515-1
Location: 6625 Excellence Way, Plano, TX, USA
Duration*** 12 month duration
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate. At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Field Operations Manager (FOM) serves an essential supporting role in the execution of Samsung Care service operations and strategy within Samsung Care’s Retail and Field network. This role with partner closely with internal stakeholders, leads, and in-store management to drive strategy, execution within the field.
The FOM will collect and analyze operational data and provide the field and store managers with reporting essential to address any gaps in performance or compliance; identify opportunities to increase sales performance or reduce expense through improved execution or increased efficiency; ensures Samsung assets and budgets are utilized appropriately within the market; provides administrative support for regional events and new hire onboarding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
40% - Scheduling Compliance & Initiatives Management
● Analyzes field scheduling data and develops weekly reporting on compliance and effectiveness; identifies gaps in compliance or efficiency;
● Tracks all in-progress initiatives within business and provides reporting to stakeholders on progress towards completion.
● Documents and escalates all barriers to timely completion of field initiatives to Corporate support teams.
● Evaluates all requests for in-store and out of store staffing support multiple business teams.
● Analyzes Samsung Care scheduling and labor reporting against business needs; partners with store management and 3PL operations teams to address any gaps.
30% - Field Efficiency & Effectiveness
● Collects, analyzes, and reports on field team training compliance
● Tracks completion of field leadership ride-along completion and provides reporting to leadership.
● Reviews output of store visit assessments and ensures scoring is calibrated across region.
● Aggregates weekly market intelligence reports from field, produces final deck.
● Collects data on field effectiveness through quarterly VOC calls and in-store visits.
● Develops best practices and standard tools to improve operational efficiency.
20% - Budget & Asset Management
● Approves all orders for promotional materials and manages given budget.
● Drafts budget requests in partnership with the store managers.
● Maintains inventory of all Samsung assets in the field.
● Manages semi-annual audit of all Samsung assets distributed to stores and managers.
● Manages the post-reset asset recovery process for all Best Buy locations in Region.
5% - Event Planning and Logistics
● Coordinates all event logistics including securing meeting/event space, agenda planning and travel arrangements.
● Coordinates local events with store to drive community engagement.
● Coordinates all Post-NHO onboarding activities for business unit.
5% - Business Systems Administration
● Grants access to company CRM tool for new users; Grants access to secondary territories in CRM tool for existing users
● Supports territory remapping and store reassignment process, in partnership with Business Planning and Process Innovation teams.
● Maintains up-to-date contact lists and shipping addresses for all individuals.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent with 5-8 years of directly related experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Extensive retail and/or direct sales management experience required
● 3-5 years in wireless industry desirable, though not required
● Prior experience in Retail Operations or Project Management preferred.
● Proven ability to demonstrate good judgment and initiative, make decisions and problem solve
● Strong leadership capabilities with effective, professional communication and presentation skills
● Ability to work autonomously with excellent time management skills.
● Must have experience with Microsoft Office and extensive experience analyzing data and creating reports using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Necessary Skills and Attributes
● A positive “Solve for Yes” attitude, and solutions-oriented approach to business
● Proven ability to use business analysis to generate, evaluate, and act on strategic options and opportunities.
● Ability to keep up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends within the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace
● Adaptable personal, interpersonal, and leadership behaviors with the understanding that different situations may call for different approaches.
● Makes sound decisions even in the absence of complete information and considers all relevant factors.
● Relies on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment when making decisions
● Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions and stages activities with relevant milestones and timelines. Focuses on highest priorities and sets aside less critical tasks
● Anticipates landmines, plans approach accordingly, and is sensitive to how people and organizations function.
● Deals comfortably with organizational politics and knows who has power, respect, and influence.
● Influences up, down and across, the organization impacting business results by driving behavioral change
● Understands internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs.
● Takes a proactive approach to shape and influence stakeholder expectations and can serve as a liaison between different stakeholder groups
● Communicates with more senior leadership without undue tension and nervousness. Understands how senior leadership thinks and works and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
● Shows consistency between words and actions: Ability to follow through on commitments and keep confidences.
● Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
● Able to delegate and provide clear guidance on expectations.
● Adept at influencing change without direct management oversight or authority.
● Constructively resolves situations that do not have a clear solution or outcome.
● Creates com
APN Software Services Inc.
Direct: 510-402-1061 | Fax: 510-623-5055 | Amit@apninc.com
“Ranked Top Work Places 2016”
“Certified Small and Minority Business”
“Ranked Top 50 Organizations for Diversity”
“Ranked Top Diversity Business”