The purpose of the Field Operations Manager (FOM) position is to reach or exceed goals set by the client by managing a field team and their performance in an assigned territory. This position will act as a liaison between the account team and the field and will manage all aspects of the field including; store visits, reporting and performance management. The FOM will be responsible for all merchandising reps in their assigned territory including merchandisers with high level skills in maintaining interactive displays in retail locations.
- Look for and develop talent in business unit for succession planning.
- Manage an effective training program; provide leadership, guidance, and coaching for associates that enable the meeting of client and company objectives and internal KPIs.
- Drive an effective system of accountability that acknowledges those that do things correctly and that immediately acts toward improvement & resolutions for those that fall short of expectations.
- Lead approximately 30-50 field representatives in delivering quality on-time and cost-effective client objectives.
- Manage all aspects of your team’s budget and expense related costs including but not limited to: the submission of hiring REQs, managing employee retention/turnover, expenses, quality (re-work), personal vacation, training requirements, payroll, and project management.
- Ensure On-time quality completion of all work
- Ensure a cost-effective, quality staff through the management of employee retention, submissions of hiring REQs, interviewing/hiring, and the onboarding, training of employees.
- Forward recommendations to your direct report for ways to improve processes, client ROI, or gross margin.
- Properly assign associates to work based on the type of work, level of associate, and job classification and do so in a timely manner..
- Ensure associates are paid appropriately for the level of work conducted and per offer letter agreement.
- Conduct in-store visitation and ride-alongs, as needed.
- Conduct team conference calls as necessary.
- Communicate and consult with Regional Manager on a regular basis.
- Display a professional demeanor while representing the client and BDS Marketing.
- Other tasks as requested by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years previous supervisory experience
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to travel throughout assigned territory
- Great attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to independently adapt to changes and respond supportively in working with various circumstances and people.
- Must be able to successfully work through varied issues with integrity, honestly and in a candid, straightforward manner.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point) and mobile app environment.
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to manage a team remotely
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of motor vehicle insurance.
- Must have the ability to drive on behalf of the Company, in compliance with Company guidelines and requirements; and have the ability to travel within a designated market
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and/or hear
- Regularly lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally crouch, lift overhead, bend over, kneel, push or pull
- Occasionally travel via personal vehicle or either forms of transportation
BDSmktg is an award-winning retail marketing and sales agency. With over 30 years of experience guiding customers through the buying journey, they are experts at powering sales for the world’s top brands. BDSmktg offers their clients fully integrated solutions that drive brand demand and sell-through: Research, Brand Advocacy, Digital, Retail Readiness, and Retail Environments. Founded in 1984, BDS Marketing, LLC. is headquartered in Irvine, California with regional offices in Chicago, Illinois and Columbus, Ohio. For more information, visit www.BDSmktg.com.
Operations Manager / Supervisor