Field Project Manager / Senior Superintendent
We are a General Contractorspecializing in the construction of high-quality, architecturally refined projects. Since 1997 we havebeen fortunate to have collaborated with some of the very best architects, engineers and designersto build thoughtfully crafted award winning projects for discerning clients. Our offices are located on the West side of Austin from which we serve Austin and the surrounding Central Texas area.
Every member of our team shares a passion and commitment to excellence. We are dedicated lifetime studentsof our craft and endeavour to bring our very best to every project entrusted in our care. Our aim is to build projects that are beautiful, durable, and respect the environment in which they are built and for our clients to be raving fans at the completion of every project.
Field Project Manager/Senior Superintendent
We are seeking to add a team member that shares our values and will be an active participant in our company’s long term success. The ideal candidate shares our love of building, is passionate about excellence and places a high priority on precision, thoughtful planning and efficient execution.
Our Project Managers must be capable of managing a jewel box renovation or a complex multimillion-dollar construction project.
The primary priorities of this position will be the achievement of intended design and project goals, including managing quality, budget and schedule.
- Participate in project estimating
- Assist with construction feasibility and constructability studies
- Review construction documentation including identifying omissions and conflicts within the construction documents
- Analyse building enclosure including, weather barrier, integration of flashings, thermal bridging, etc
- Analyse MEP systems design to identify and resolve potential conflicts
- Evaluate early material requirements and pre-construction procurement
- Develop project specific supplemental specifications and scope clarifications as required to facilitate accurate pricing and complete subcontracts
- Develop critical path construction schedules
- Secure necessary permits
- Act as the company representative onsite to ensure the efficient execution of the project goals
- Coordinate and supervise all subcontractors, employees and site labor
- Ensure construction quality, conformity to plans and specs, dimensional accuracy
- Oversee the procurement, delivery and use of all materials
- Communicate and process all relevant information to appropriate parties (including plan distribution, RFIs, submittals, shop drawings, etc.)
- Communicate, coordinate and meet with clients, architects, and other design professionals
- Create and maintain updated construction schedules to ensure timely completion
- Manage the construction budget with ownership to ensure client expectations are met. This includes processing Awarded Sub-Contracts, Change Orders and communicating with the team regarding the cost of changes to the scope of work prior to work being performed.
- Coordinate with the accounting group to ensure accurate and timely payment to vendors/subcontractors
- Maintain cloud-basedrecord of all current construction documentation, including plans and specifications
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment, including ensuring safety documentation is up to date
- Control job site security
- Support warranty and maintenance service work
- 7+ years of experience in high-end residential or commercial construction
- Degree in Construction Management or Architecture (a plus), or relevant experience
- Industry technical knowledge and understanding of building science
- Experience reading and interpreting plans and specifications to understand design intent
- Proficient in email management, cloud-based file management, Microsoft Excel & Project
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Detail-orientated with a strong focus on accuracy
- Efficient in management of time and resources
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver excellent results
- Punctual with an outstanding work ethic
- Strong, stable prior employment history
Competitive compensation package including:
Paid Holidays and paid time off
1. Please reply with cover letter, resume, and previous employer references.
2. In one paragraph on your cover letter, please tell us why you believe you would be a great fit for this position.
3. Send all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Project Manager