National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34 states and three provinces. All organizations share a strong commitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. National Express School (NEXS) operates more than 22,500 school buses, serves more than 550 school districts in 31 states and three provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million students on a daily basis. National Express Transit (NEXT) operations transport more than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles. National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than nine million corporate and university passengers annually. NELLC's corporate headquarters, located in Lisle, Illinois, houses the administrative and corporate support functions for the organization. Our 290 local customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional operations teams located throughout North America. Learn more at nellc.com.
The Field Recruiter role provides driver recruitment and administrative support to CSC management, generates reports and provides assistance in the coordination of daily recruiting programs, plans and objectives. The Field Recruiter must be able to work independently with little supervision. The Field Recruiter will be assigned a primary location and be available to provide assistance to a variety of locations remotely or directly if needed.
- Facilitate ongoing ADORE Recruiting Orientations to ensure applicants understand the process and requirements of becoming a Professional School Bus Driver.
- Screen applicants to ensure they meet minimum company and state qualifications and requirements.
- Manage daily internal and external applicant flow via Applicant Tracking System (Taleo) or external applicants received.
- Administer applicant assessment evaluations ESI and conduct ADORES interviews, evaluate applicants and drivers in training throughout the applicant and training process.
- Create and engaging and motivating environment for applicants and drivers in training.
- Partner with Safety and Training Supervisor to ensure an effective and timely training process of Drivers in Training.
- Assists in the creation of offer letters, managing background checks and updating the applicant tracking system.
- Coordinate the drug and background check process.
- Compile and report on statistical and general data from the ATS and recruiting report.
- Disposition applicants via Taleo and on Applicant and Training Tracker.
- Marketing campaigns and phones calls to licensed drivers.
- Strengthen relationship with Community, Networking, utilize free government recruiting resources. Attend career events, school activities, etc.
- Provide updates to General Manager and discuss driver resignations and terminations to understand reasoning for the purpose of recruiting improvement opportunities.
- Maintain 105% or above driver staffing level.
- This is a support role and a strong customer support mentality is a must.
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2-3 years' experience in a recruiting or employment support role; office experience may be substituted for previously stated education and experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal relationships building required
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues with demonstrated history of a commitment to ethics, honesty, integrity and credibility
- Organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task; attention to detail; ability to produce quality results
- Ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing internal customer expectations and resetting accordingly
- Interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals
- Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise discretion when working with sensitive information
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email software (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.