The Route Driver’s role is to serve Subpoenas and Authorizations for release of records, and / or personal appearances. The Route Driver will pick up documents, scan onsite, and deliver records to various facilities.
- Manage a route by reviewing and prioritizing all current and incoming work daily to ensure all orders are status and completed according to guidelines provided by Field Supervisor.
- Flexibility to work in different routes as assigned by Supervisor.
- Personally serve Subpoena and Authorizations to Custodian of Records.
- Establish strong working relationship with Custodians, schedule orders, and updated status.
- Inform Supervisor of any and all facility changes and updates, by completing the proper forms.
- Ensure all documents requested have been provided and are correct prior to scanning or pickup.
- Scan documents using a laptop and scanner provided by ABI, and following the proper procedures and techniques.
- Provide verification, by signature, on legal documents, such as Proof of Service and Affidavits.
- Operate and maintain the scanner and laptop within factory specifications and report any and all maintenance and repairs needed to the equipment or software.
- Write accurate and legible statuses in English on every work order as required.
- Redistribute work orders, records, X-Ray films, and any other item(s) upon return to the office at the designated place by your supervisor, on daily basis.
- Deliver records and documents to our clients and other facilities.
- Correspond with Field Supervisor and designated Scheduler concerning status and movement of work orders in the Field or in the Field Department via email and phone.
- Complete daily reports as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of records received.
- Communicate and report all errors identified to the Field Supervisor.
- Any other task the supervisor may assign.
- High School Graduate and / or GED equivalent. College education is desirable but not required.
- Prior computer, scanner, medical, Legal or insurance claims office work is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of Discovery Law, especially for service of Subpoena and Authorization, and production of documents on or before deposition or due date preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be professional and helpful to all clients and custodians.
- Clear penmanship.
- Ability to read a map book.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Read and write English fluently.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Flexible and team oriented.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Drive in a courteous manner and follow any and all traffic laws.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids
- Telephone system, computer, fax machine, copiers/scanners.
- Internet access from home.
- Professional Photo Copier and/or Company ID card.
- Valid California Driver License (3 points or less), and proof automobile insurance ($100 -$300K).
ABI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to protected veteran status, qualified individuals with disabilities and all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans