Hill International is an international construction consulting firm that provides program and project management, construction management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance, inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. Hill has participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total construction value of more than $500 billion. Hill is a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HIL), and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (www.hillintl.com)
We are seeking field representative(s) for municipal and state funded construction projects in Massachusetts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Coordinate Architect/Engineers, contractors and respective contracts
- Coordinate schedule and budget information and must be able to identify when the need to intervene arises
- Ability to review project documents (drawings, specifications, RFI’s, schedules, etc.) and evaluate the completeness for the respective phase of design and/or construction
- Responsible for managing the quality of the project(s) and manage facility to ensure successful completion as it relates to “on time” and within budget
- Must familiarize and develop a strategy to coordinate the requirements/needs of all interested parties (Mass School Building Authority or other Commonwealth construction grant Authorities, City/Town, designers, contractors, user groups and the community)
- Must be able to analyze requested changes and to manage the change process
- Responsible for plan and project coordination efforts separate line other duties as determined by the program and departmental requirements Monitoring the contractor’s schedule
- Prepare overall project schedule to measure contractor’s schedule performance
- Coordinating communications between contractor, client, site personnel, and consulting engineers
- Preparing a daily field report and weekly summaries
- Documenting the number of contractor’s personnel on site, work accomplished and key issues
- Assist with owner moves and furniture, fixtures and equipment installations.
- Review punch list(s) and monitor completion by the contractor(s)
- Initiating on site project meetings as needed
- Conduct meetings at the job site to improve project communications and reduce interferences.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Effective leadership skills for managing contractors use of premises
- Ability to take charge and effectively manage contractors to meet project schedule
- Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations with 10HR OSHA Safety Card.
- Demonstrated experience managing project scope, schedule, and resources, managing vendors, and overseeing formal planning, tracking, and reporting project performance
- Candidate must be able to follow instructions given by client
- The candidate would have to be comfortable interfacing daily with Project Managers and Accounting; additionally working with General Contractors and Design teams
- The ability to work well with others, and willingness to learn in a team environment
- Ability to evaluate contractor provided construction CPM schedules
- Must have a minimum 5 years construction field related experience
- Engineering, Construction Management or Facilities Management college degree or program certification PREFERRED
- Knowledge of local and national building codes, ADA requirements and familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety requirements on construction projects
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Note:This job description is intended to provide an indication of the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions to be carried out as part of fulfilling the role mentioned in the job title. Various other duties as required.
IER Right to Work Poster
E-Verify Participation Poster