Responsible for sales and retention of sales and helping grow the organization through various marketing techniques.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct multi-line insurance sales /service to Pharmacists, Dentists and other targeted markets in assigned territory.
- Prospect and generate new business through leads and referrals.
- Conduct policy reviews and update policies.
- Provide quality customer service and ensures file quality, timely coverage and needs analysis with detailed documentation supporting conversations and decisions.
- Prequalify new business risks for adherence to company guidelines.
- Attend meetings and conventions as determined by sales team leader.
- Communicate with and provide information to company personnel for proper risk assessment and placement.
- Achieve set production goals.
- Portray a professional image through proper appearance and actions.
- Drive a vehicle for extended periods as the main method of transportation in the assigned territory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of insurance and sales.
- Ability to build relationships and persuade and influence others.
- Recognize questionable coverage or contract situation which may necessitate management involvement.
- Ability to deal with confidential information.
- Follow oral and written directions.
- Determines when and how to escalate concerns to the appropriate level of management.
- Contribute effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, vocabulary and punctuation.
- Analyze complex issues and make critical decisions.
- Read, interpret and input data efficiently and accurately.
- Communicate effectively with others (oral and written).
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Work independently and use initiative.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Meet definite deadlines and deal with pressure situations.
- Utilize computer and related software effectively.
- Must possess high level of self-discipline, energy, initiative, empathy, and persuasive drive.
- Work will involve travel to attend meetings or service customers at other locations for 50 percent or more of the time.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of related experience; or
- Associate's Degree and 3 years of related experience; or
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of related experience; and
- Industry related certification
- Commercial Insurance Sales Experience
- Professional Liability Insurance Sales Experience
- Life Insurance Sales Experience
Special Requirements, Licenses, and Certificates:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must possess Property, Casualty, Life & Health licenses or obtain within an agreed upon time frame