COVID-19 UPDATE: Progressive Turnout Project is committed to the safety of our employees and the communities where we work. As this public health crisis unfolds, we are monitoring federal and local guidelines to determine when and how to safely engage voters at their door. Please be aware that while we are dedicated to launching our programs as soon as possible, hiring timelines and position responsibilities are subject to change in response to public health needs.
Position: Field Representative
Location: Tucson Metro Area, Arizona
Salary: $2,600 to $3,466 per month (Full and Part Time Available)
Start Date: June 2020 (Flexible)
End Date: 11/3/2020
Progressive Turnout Project seeks applicants for Field Representative roles in targeted races across the country. This is a great entry-level position for people of all backgrounds who have a passion for politics. Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. There are no formal education requirements for this position and people of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Field Representatives will mobilize likely progressive voters in an effort to increase turnout in this crucial election.
Field Representatives are the face of PTP’s effort to connect with targeted progressive voters and get them to the polls. The ideal candidate is comfortable going door-to-door in a variety of neighborhoods to have conversations with likely progressive voters. On-the-job training in messaging and voter contact techniques will be provided. This position reports to the District Field Director and District Operations Director.
Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. Full-time employees are eligible for employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), and student loan stipend. Full- and part-time employees are eligible for a transportation stipend, paid time off, and paid holidays.
- Communicate with assigned voters in a community via door-to-door canvassing, text messaging, and phone calls, in accordance with PTP messaging guidance
- Secure commitments to vote and assist voters in making a plan to vote
- Accurately record the results of all attempted outreach in accordance with PTP data standards
- Produce social media content to promote PTP’s work in the community
- Maintain professionalism and sincerity at all times, especially when communicating with voters
- Other duties as needed
Required Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have a passion for progressive politics
- You have strong verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to meet deadlines and goals
- You have access to a vehicle (position requires frequent travel within assigned territory)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You have previous political canvassing experience, either as staff or volunteer
- You’re bilingual or fluent in Spanish
Questions about the position may be directed to email@example.com.
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded organization with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization has raised more than $32 million with a supporter base of over 3 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 140 congressional races.
PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.