Field Safety Supervisor Job Description
The Field Safety Supervisor monitors construction sites and enforces compliance with government regulations, acts, and standards. The Field Safety Supervisor is able to work independently in the office and the field. Within the office they study safety guidelines in order to minimize accidents and in the field they travel to construction sites to perform audits, observe behavior, and look for potential safety hazards.
- Maintaining a safe workplace
- Analyze the materials used on site in order to design proper signage and disposal methods
- Perform workplace inspections
- Ensuring that workers have proper safety credentials and personal safety equipment
- Prepares and submits inspection activity reports
- Review accident, injury, and illness reports to detect problem areas related to employee safety
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work
- Evaluates working conditions and recommends improvements
- 3-5 Years of Heavy Highway Civil Construction experience
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/ English)
- OSHA 500/ 501 Courses
- Knowledgeable in the following areas: Crane operation, Rigging, Excavation, Confined Space, Health Hazards, Fall Protection, Heavy Equipment, MOT devices
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA standards, LOIs, ANSI, NIOSH
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Able to work independently
- Able to travel (40%)
- Must be able to relocate within the state of Florida as needed (Jobs usually last 2-3 years)
- Consistent work history
- Clean driving record
EEO/DFWP/ "Minorities, Females, Disabled, Vets"
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.