Field-based Sales Engineer for Hill-Rom IT Solutions. Responsible for supporting IT Sales Executive (ITSE) in assigned accounts providing technical sales assistance, system designs, walkthrough of job site, and scope of work for all projects.
- Responsible for generating proposals for ITSE to include designs.
- Responsible for coordinating the design and scope of the project, contracting process and helping the ITSE in the pre-Purchase Order process.
- Provides technical sales assistance to ITSE. This includes but is not limited to system design, creation of statement of work, RFP responses and other associated duties.
- Schedule and conduct job site walk through of customers requiring firm quotes, as requested by ITSE.
- Participates in all design reviews, both pre- and post-Purchase Order to ensure the solution design is accurate and sound design rules and principles are employed.
- Obtains customer requirements for the subcontractor providing wiring, device installation, special construction or other services. Ensure the (Sr.) Quote Analyst has the requirements when obtaining the subcontractor’s bid.
- Produce accurate proposals, designs and topology diagrams based on guidelines from CWS Sales and Marketing Product Managers for the (Sr.) Quote Analyst to produce the quote.
- Maintain a database of all proposals, drawings, topology diagrams produced in a centralized database.
- Establish guidelines with Sales for timely turnaround of designs and topology diagrams.
- Review proposals to ensure proposal meets the expected design from the submitted RFQ.
- Communicates project goals to Project Manager to ensure efficient handoff from sales to project management organization and Network Engineer team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience providing quotes/proposals preferred.
- Operational knowledge of hospital process, applications, infrastructure tools, communication methodologies and trends, etc.
- Strong knowledge of nurse communication tools, telecom and or application experience preferred
- Must be accustomed to custom system design, familiar with hospital design and construction processes.
- Basic understanding of architectural blue prints and floor plans required, working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Must have technical understanding of information and computer technology.
- Strong technical understanding of networks both wired and wireless required.
- Must to able to travel overnight as necessary, approximately 75%, with short-term lead time.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales support experience, preferably in the medical information technology, communication, and software business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or commensurate experience required.