Job Summary: Develop and direct the sales, sales strategy, P&L management and customer relations activities within assigned region or area. Manage the performance and development of sales professionals and support staff to assure long-term sales and profit growth.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
* Attain sales, profit and performance objectives for region or area based on established sales plans and budgets.
* Hire, train, develop, coach and lead a team of sales representatives that drive business results and demonstrate Tempur Sealy Core Values.
* Analyze Owner, Manager, Purchasing/Distribution and industry conditions utilizing strong business acumen skills and identify opportunities that drive business results.
* Negotiate customer agreements designed to maximize TSI's sales position within key Hotelier brands and Owner/Managers.
* Advise and assist sales representatives in making critical sales within their geographies.
* Ensure all rebate programs are distributed as cited per customer agreements and used according to contractual obligation.
* Coordinate and ensure implementation of all marketing activities and programs within the region or area.
* Establish volume goals and Owner/Manager attainment goals with each sales rep and develop specific action plans to achieve.
* Communicate and coordinate activities regularly with the appropriate internal business partners as well as the sales management team to resolve or avoid problems relating to product scheduling and delivery, credit and collections, product returns, warranty issues, and other matters affecting business in the region.
* Participate in sales planning and development of business plans, budget planning, market strategies, goals, sales forecasts, collateral and selling expenses.
* Analyze each territory and formulate specific plan of action to achieve/exceed region sales goals.
* Advise field sales and corporate personnel regarding market trends, competitive information, sales goals, current performance measurements, etc.
* Recommend, suggest, and structure programs that will create increased business opportunities.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
* Strong business acumen to include P&L Management
* A player coach who can clearly articulate a vision and ensure its implementation
* Unwavering personal integrity and ability to build relationships based on trust and respect
* Ability to confront reality in assessing business performance and opportunities
* Ability to listen and desire to learn
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to build strong collaborative relationships internally across multiple functions and externally with customers and vendors
* Organized, good communication skills both orally and in writing
* Personally dynamic with a strong work ethic
* Process and solution oriented, keeps the long term in the forefront while solving for the short term
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
* College degree (BS, BA or post graduate degree) is strongly preferred
* Minimum of 3 years people management experience in a sales and or consumer product environment
* Minimum 5 years of consumer product sales experience
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: This role is a field position based in the employee's residential home office. Regular, high volume travel may be required to build customer relationships in a Hospitality focused environment. Customer interaction is expected to mirror regular and customary "Hospitality" hours of operation. Some stress may occur due to the fast-paced, change-oriented, results driven organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled