Field Sales Rep-serious income potential!
- Job Label:
- ULTERRA-Field Sales Rep-1168
Join the fastest growing drill bit company in the world in one of the fastest growing industries and watch your career take off. We are looking for someone who is serious about their career and isn’t afraid to work hard 24/7 but knows that their hard work will be generously rewarded. As our Field Sales Representative in the Permian Basin, Odessa Texas area region you will be on the road in your company owned truck, as you drive product sales and expand Ulterra’s market share through visiting and selling to established clients sites in your assigned district. In this highly valued position you will have the advantage of selling a product that comes with the experience and wisdom culled from industry veterans that are designing, manufacturing and repairing high-quality, high-performance PDC bits for a global market. You will leverage our unique, state-of-the art products and put your sales expertise and passion into play to help meet and exceed sales goals. We continue to witness phenomenal growth and are looking to repeat it while providing your career ample opportunity to grow along with us. For the top-performing sales professional who has built their success on developing and managing customer relationships, this is a premier opportunity for you to achieve the next exciting phase of your career and be a part of the corporate philosophy where management and employees continue to work together to make Ulterra a truly excellent global company. In short, we are the right organization for a driven self-starter who wants to be a contributor in an environment where their hard work is valued.
As our Field Sales Representative supporting the Odessa, Texas area, you will grow and increase market-share and promote the business relationship between Ulterra and its clients. Your role will involve traveling 90% of the time (little to no overnight travel) and you will be on call 24/7. Having industry knowledge is helpful but our primary need is a strong, experienced sales professional. We will provide all the support you need including the expertise of an application engineer that will travel with you to client sites and provide industry and mechanical engineering expertise. With your drive and our industry expertise you will be able to offer our clients flexibility and the ability to respond to their specific applications with customized solutions. We will rely on your strong time and client management abilities to provide consistent accessibility, service and maximum visibility to our customers. Grow your career while representing a product line that is a result of Ulterra’s devotion to research and development and a passion for product innovation.
The role of the Field Sales Representative is to offer sales and service to each of the Oil and Gas Drilling rigs that are located in their areas. They each work within defined areas as determined by the Field Sales Manager. They are typically dwelling within their area boundaries or at least very near to the border. The Field Sales Representative needs to be a self-starter and be able to manage their area in a way that they provide timely service to their customer base without direction. Good communications (both verbal and written) and strong organization skills are a MUST for this critical role to our growing organization.
- Primary responsibility for the sales and service at the field level to all drilling rigs in their defined areas
- Driving to and from drilling rig locations with drill bit products to be used by the customer.
- Ordering of repaired product, shipping back used product for refurbishment and managing their inventory levels to support their operation.
- Working closely with the City Sales to understand upcoming drilling and understanding their customers’ requirements.
- Gather data (Drilling Bit Records) at the field level to support the sales and Applications Engineering efforts.
- Maintain their vehicles by obtaining regular service and ensuring it is kept tidy and in good operational condition.
- Work closely with the Applications Engineering team to ensure that they are gathering sufficient data at the field level for product development and ensure that all test product is dropped at the correct locations and that required data is gathered.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements"
- 1-2 years sales experience
- Clean driving record
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Drilling Rig Experience is an asset (but not required)
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds.
About Ulterra Drilling Technologies:
When challenging the limits, Ulterra is the forward thinking-drilling partner whose sole purpose is to empower people to advance the oil field. Ulterra’s dynamic bit technologies take on any application to lower your drilling costs, reduce non-productive time and mitigate risk. Widely recognized as the fastest growing drill bit company in the world, Ulterra is the bit supplier of choice when drillers require a partner with un-matched credibility and a commitment to excellence.
Ulterra is unique in its flexibility and rapid-prototyping approach to challenging drilling dynamics in all applications. Ulterra has the ability to respond to customer’s specific drilling application needs with customized solutions for optimized performance. Its strength resides in the experience and wisdom culled from industry veterans and being the number one bit provider operators can call on. Ulterra takes pride in designing, manufacturing and repairing high-quality, high-performance PDC bits for a global market. With over 500 employees spanning major drilling markets around the world, Ulterra strives to earn your trust first and then your business through speed, innovation and consistent performance.
- Related Keywords:
- Sales representative, field sales, drill, drill bit, oil, oil rig, gas, sales engineer, client, account manager, account executive, customer service, client service, end-user, territory, strategic, consultative, customer, sales quota, business development, B2B, field rep, technical sales, oil and gas, mines