Essential Job Functions: In addition to observing the standards of conduct required of all Company employees, the responsibilities of the FSR include but not limited to:
- Aggressively identifying, targeting and sampling existing and potential accounts, both individually and in partnership with distributors, in order to maximize shelf space allocated and product offerings carried within an assigned territory
- Training distributors’ sales representatives and newly hired FSR personnel as required on product knowledge and Company sales methodologies, procedures and current promotions.
- Attending distributor meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that distributors’ merchandising personnel adequately service accounts based on sales achieved and shelf/floor space obtained by FSR.
- Coordinating marketing crew drive activities in various locations in and outside of an assigned territory.
- Providing reports on day-to-day sales activities and results as required by Company, and providing necessary back-up to support sales and bonus programs objectives.
- Arranging for regular vehicle maintenance and record keeping of that maintenance as well as ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean and well-organized to provide for a professional product and Company image.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Sales experience and/or willingness to engage in sales training.
- Basic computer operating skills in and outside of an office environment to include handheld devices.
- Solid organizational and time management abilities, along with the ability to act independently.
- Ability to drive and maintain an assigned Company vehicle and to travel to and within territories as assigned. Occasional travel outside the assigned territory may be required.
- Be at least 21 years of age and have and maintain an acceptable driving record in order to be covered by the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to perform physical activities required by the job duties including occasionally lifting and moving up to 65 pounds individually and greater weights with assistance; ability to bend, stretch, stoop, climb, and perform other physical acts associated with selling, demonstrating, and marketing product in an assigned territory.
- Ability to successfully meet standards of physical examinations and substance abuse testing, if required.