GET Group employs more than 500 professionals on five continents, with country representation offices in major economic and technological hubs around the world. Since its foundation in 1987, the Group has established and maintained a prestigious reputation in the fields of security printing, smart solutions, and, more recently, robotics and automation. GET Group North America's history spans more than 30 years of milestones, awards, partnerships, and other significant industry achievements. We offercompetitive compensation, excellent benefits package, and a fun, diverse work environment.
GET Field Service Engineers (FSE) provide field service support on complex electro-mechanical system in more than 26 national locations. They perform installations, training and assist with software integration. In addition to technical aptitude, this high visibility customer-centric position will also provide our customers with consistent high-level all-around service and attention.
- Install, maintain and support all system maintenance efforts, conforming to customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements
- Respond in a timely manner to all maintenance calls. Documenting each maintenance action with time, labor, meters, resolution notes and parts used
- Maintain accurate on-site service inventory
- Assist Operators and System Admins to troubleshoot issues they encounter while using our systems and provide actionable steps to resolve problems.
- Maximizes the use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions; providing feedback
- Contributes ideas to improving operating instructions to be used by end users, collaborating in a Work Group setting.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Required: Associates Degrees in engineering discipline and/or 10+ years equivalent experience
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Minimum 1-year experience in technical support role
- Must have a familiarity with electro-mechanical devices and automation equipment
- A working knowledge of thermal printing or laser printers would be an asset
- Must have good troubleshooting skills.
- Must have the ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and be competent in disassembling and reassembling complex mechanical devices.
- Capable of working without direct supervision
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- 75-90% national travel a possibility
- U.S. citizenship required
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of State Security Clearance prior to starting work.
Field Service Technician