Field Service Engineer
Company: Hitachi High-Tech Analytical Science
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Work Location: Remote
Install and provide ongoing maintenance of complex Electrical / Electronic / Electro-mechanical and computer controlled systems, Establish and maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction and confidence by appropriate actions and attitude acting as an advocate for the customer.
Installation and Maintenance
· Install, and ensure the correct operation, of assigned systems options.
· Ensure the customer is aware at all times of the correct method to obtain basic results, basic safety and system care.
· Trouble shoot and repair all assigned systems to the appropriate level, ensuring that the system is returned to full operation in accordance with its performance specification and within a cost effective time frame for Hitachi and for the customer.
· Perform instrument verification in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
· Ensure that costs generated by actions undertaken are controlled.
· Ensure that all resources allocated e.g. vehicle, tools, test equipment are maintained in good condition.
· Understand and control available resources to achieve customer satisfaction ( such as Product Managers
· Communicate with customers concerning the status of repair and or safety issues arising from work on their system, in a timely manner. Ensure customer dissatisfaction does not occur by establishing a time based escalation procedure.
· Promote a positive image of Hitachi in all communications, whether in person, by telephone or in writing.
· Advise customers on the availability of Hitachi related options, upgrades and support contracts. Keep the customer up to date and satisfied.
· Initiate Field Service Reports for each customer visit/repair in order to document instrumental and/or customer problems and the resolution of those problems. Provide data for installations, warranty and customer/instrument history.
· Submit in a timely manner all reports including but not limited to (Carfs, Installation, Service, Schedule, expenses) and information on recurring or potential problems.
· Provide reports which include information, suggestions, recommendations and/or modifications to instrumentation, policies, manuals or concepts.
Indicative Performance Measures
The individual should require the minimum of supervision and is subject to a flexible work pattern which will involve travel and/or working outside normal working hours when necessary. The employee is responsible for ensuring the efficient and cost-effective use of his/her time.
· 4-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.· 4-Year Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Equivalent Experience · Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Travel required: up to 90% Monday-Friday. Weekend travel is rare, but may occur occasionally.
· Customer focused and service oriented
· Team Player
· Demonstrates ability to manage workload in an organized manner and carry out tasks accurately· Understands and manages within a technical environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Noise in the environment is usually moderate.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Travel Percentage: 100%