Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Field Service Engineer will work as critical part of a multidiscipline support team responsible for successful performance of installed systems. Training on site personnel and providing technical support will also be required.
- Responsible for installation, troubleshooting, and startup of new technologies developed within the Advanced Manufacturing Center.
- Instillation and calibration of processes and integration into existing production lines.
- Training and technical support of onsite personnel.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve mechanical and electrical malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Read and understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- PLC Troubleshooting
- Must have an Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent education from a two-year College, Technical school, or Military experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years (or more) of related experience in Electrical, Mechanical Field, or Machine Tool field.
- Ability to read and understand PLC/Ladder logic, programming preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret verbal and written documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Successful problem solving skills involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to travel up to 75%.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program