Samsung is the 2nd largest technology company and 15th largest company in the world is rapidly expanding its healthcare market share in the U.S. Working for Samsung’s exclusive distributor partner in the Great Lakes Region (RPS Imaging), you will work with great and talented co-workers.
Knowledge of the Medical Device and / or High Technology Imaging Equipment is preferred.
RPS FIELD ENGINEER (Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin)
RPS Field Engineers work independently on a regular basis, performing assigned maintenance, installation, repairs, adjustments, and calibrations of imaging equipment. We are seeking a Imaging Field Engineer to work in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin.
This Field Engineer will perform administrative functions as assigned by the Field Service Manager and adheres to instructions / corporate policies while demonstrating professionalism with integrity in all interactions with customers and staff.
- Works closely with management and technical staff.
- Receives / provides technical support (via telephone or on-site) to other engineers.
- Provides alternate solutions and seeks concurrence from management prior to implementation.
- Receives / provides technical training to other Imaging Services Engineers as appropriate.
- Works with sales and service representatives of imaging equipment.
- Services imaging equipment in assigned geography which may include any of following modalities: conventional x-ray, ultrasound, CR, DR, mammo.
- Performs assigned planned maintenance, installation, repairs, adjustments, calibrations and safety testing on a broad range of imaging equipment.
- Performs incoming inspections, equipment quality control, testing, calibration and image evaluation of equipment according to manufactures specifications and other established guidelines.
- Services networked equipment, such as DICOM and PACS, and troubleshoots the root cause of problems.
- Provides strong verbal/written communications consistent with assigned tasks.
- Performs inspections, quality control and image evaluations.
- Makes decisions based on clear instructions and operational rules and procedures.
- Shows initiative, follows established procedures, and works in a safe manner.
- Assists in decisions related to more complex technical issues. Installs Medical Imaging Equipment--able to follow OEM Installation Guidelines.
- Monitors and maintains quality control of services provided to RPS Clients.
- Adheres to performance metrics of PM completion, call closure, parts returns, first call repair, escalation protocols, downtime, and others as assigned.
- Maintains timely, accurate and thorough documentation required by management, as outlined in current policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates initiative and concern for planning, time utilization and cost containment.
- Receives limited supervision from assigned manager/supervisor.
- Knowledge of electronics and basic troubleshooting
- General knowledge of networked equipment.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Mechanical Installation of Medical Devices
- Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook required).
- Analytical Skills & Organizational Skills.
- Results Oriented & Demonstrates Excellent Customer Service Skills
- High level of maturity, self-development, and integrity.
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Bachelor degree in electronic technology, or engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the repair and maintenance of imaging equipment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Strong knowledge of radiology physics, digital technology, and mechanics.
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to imaging equipment, radiation safety and protection practices.
- Broad knowledge of imaging performance based on regulations, manufacturing practices and institutional requirements.
Must have working knowledge of the following pieces of equipment: VOM Meters, Radiation Meters, Hand Tools, Oscilloscopes, Safety Analyzers, Imaging Phantoms, Power Tools, HV Probes, HV Bleeders, Test Fixtures, and Attenuation Devices.
401k plan with a matching benefit program.
Vacation and Holiday pay.
Ongoing Service Training in Danvers, MA.