At Heat and Control, we design, manufacture, sell and service large-scale specialty food handling machinery serving the food preparation, coating and packaging sectors.
We proudly service what we sell, and the members of our Packaging Field Service Representative team are working alongside our customers to ensure our products make their world better.
Are you ready to join a talented team of professionals that are capable, driven and passionate about their work? If so, we invite you to apply for our North American Field Service Representatives role, based in Chicago, IL, Lititz, PA, and/or Dallas, TX.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Installing and repairing industrial packaging machinery.
- Working independently on projects in service to our global customers.
- Traveling to job sites throughout North America and internationally, occasionally on short notice. You will be in the field for extended periods of time (often 1-3 weeks at a time). You must possess a valid driver’s license and U.S. passport (or be eligible for a U.S. passport).
- Using your strong customer service skills to understand and troubleshoot issues and concerns, frequently handling challenging and high pressure situations diplomatically and professionally.
- Submitting detailed job-related paperwork.
- Being on the go and/or standing for 8 hours or more, climbing ladders and platforms.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience performing hands-on equipment maintenance.
- Experience determining the causes of electronic failures using digital voltmeters and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to develop rapport with clients and maintain strong, professional working relationships.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize information, distilling it to the critical issues and drawing accurate conclusions.
- Skilled use of database, spreadsheet, and word-processing software to prepare statistical and written reports with varying degrees of complexity and detail for management.
- Minimum three years of industrial mechanical experience.
- Minimum three years of industrial electrical experience or completion of certified electrical training.
- Strong industrial electrical control systems troubleshooting aptitude is a plus.
- Minimum three years’ field service experience within industrial environments.
- This role is required to pay – and then be reimbursed in a timely manner for – travel related hotels and meals. You should have $2-3k in available credit to facilitate this.
We have a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol abuse policy, therefore as a condition of employment all new employees must pass mandatory pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Heat and Control offers an excellent benefits package, including a competitive salary, 401K, paid vacation/holidays, and medical, vision and dental plans. Join our team and you’ll be working with some of the most talented and service oriented professionals in our industry, growing your skills and capability every day.
25 - 35 /hourWhat is this?
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician