Job Title: Field Service Representative
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Field Service Representative acts as Trusted Advisor to STERIS Customers in maintenance and procurement of medical devices and consumable products as part of a high performing team. This poosition drives an exceptional Customer experience by providing on-site preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications, and installation support on all operating room equipment (OR integration, light, tables, video technology, warming cabinets, System 1e) in a high stress healthcare environment. Also provide superior Customer service by pro-actively interacting and communicating with Customers on a daily basis, and utilizes technology to complete administrative requirements, aid in troubleshooting issues and improve the overall Customer experience. Promotes STERIS growth through identifying and recommending products and services to Customers
- Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer issues/problems expediently.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on STERIS Surgical product lines, related product lines, and related competitive equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This includes: disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Perform Customer training and in-servicing on assigned equipment (lights, tables, integration, etc.). Coordinate these activities with DSM and Capital Account Manager.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by performing installations or conversions on assigned equipment and start up custom equipment as required. Perform site visits for small projects and coordinate activities with project managers and/or installers.
- Utilize technology (smart phone, laptop computer and related software and applications) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required document completion. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling and updating work activities in Siebel, complete service reports and activities on-site; communicate effectively with internal and external Customers; troubleshoot equipment, improve productivity, learn new technologies; maintain on-site Customer Service Logs according to STERIS procedures; and maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels.
- Establish and maintain effective communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization. Communicate activities to Customers related to scheduling Preventative Maintenance and estimated time of arrival for unscheduled work. Pro-actively respond to and resolve Customer problems/issues. Utilize provided product and industry knowledge to assure Customer’s expectations of service are exceeded. Recommend product enhancements based on knowledge of the Customers equipment applications and processes. Actively seek continuing education opportunities.
- Increase company growth through identifying sales opportunities, and recommending STERIS products/services to Customers. Communicate leads to management and sales staff. Be a positive ambassador for STERIS at Customer sites.
- Must learn and use proper operating room and hospital protocols while on-site. Must abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures. These may include OR Protocol and Sterile Field guidelines.
- Assist DSM by conducting or assisting with inventory procedures to ensure inventory levels are maintained according to company policy, and resolve outstanding purchase order issues once recognized by the DSM.
Duties - cont'd
- One to two years technical field service experience in the healthcare products industry or equivalent technical school training.
- Excellent knowledge of personal computers, video technology, video cabling, networking.
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and Windows software. Proficiency with web technologies and navigating internet/intranet sites.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot situations and determine solution.
- Strong Customer communications experience and demonstrated ability to build positive rapport and partner with a variety of Customers.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Maintenance, Medical, Customer Service Representative, Surgery, Inspector, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Customer Service, Quality