Our story began with a passionate idea that we could change the world.... And to be honest, we’ve never stopped believing that... In 1986 it was a simple concept that microbiology teamed with innovation and clinical contribution could eliminate an issue that was profoundly impacting the healthcare industry – HIV acquired through needle-stick injuries.
In Australia, we lived out our dream. Investing years into R&D to create the safest containment system in the world and taking on the industry status quo to petition for higher standards in sharps protection, we witnessed an 80+ percent reduction in disposal-related needlestick injuries nationwide. And then we kept going...
Today Daniels Health, led by our founding visionary Dan Daniels, is working across healthcare facilities globally to usher in a new minimum standard in sharps and medical waste management. Bringing safety and infection control to the forefront of healthcare waste management, and ensuring KPI’s of cost, waste volume, and environmental impact is a shared responsibility between the waste generator and its Daniels partnership, Daniels Health is bringing healthcare waste back into the clinical spotlight.
In 32 years, from a home garage with nothing but makeshift PVC waste tubes and an irrepressible dream, Daniels has grown to become one of the most influential healthcare service companies in the world. Its safe practices have become the benchmark of global standards, its robotic washing and treatment technologies have achieved unprecedented levels of decontamination efficacy, and its products are esteemed unrivaled industry-wide in the protection of the safety of healthcare workers. We are collectively and passionately committed to Making Healthcare Safer.
This position is responsible for the inspection and servicing of all products within their assigned hospital or medical center. In addition, they will be responsible for maintaining adequate on hand inventory levels, as well as performing as the first line of customer service related to the organization.
- Arrive at scheduled account on time, in neat and clean assigned uniform
- Check in and out with Environmental Services at arrival/departure;
- Ensure staging area is neat and orderly; ensure all delivery equipment is in good working order
- Check and service containers throughout hospital according to Daily Service Schedule
- As a priority, ensure all containers that are indicated as 'FULL' are changed. In addition, inspect each and every container on your daily schedule to determine if changing out will be necessary to guard against containers potentially becoming full (and thus unusable) before the next regularly scheduled visit to that area.
- Return to storage area with full internal delivery carts to place full containers into transporters and replace on cart with empty containers.
- Report any cracked or broken containers or loose or broken brackets or accessories to manager. Make arrangements to replace and/or repair as necessary
- Periodically inquire with floor nurses and nurse managers regarding any potential areas of focus or concerns
- Receive shipments on assigned days
- Communicate with manager regarding daily status and any concerns
- Travel to any applicable off sites or satellite facilities as scheduled, needed or required to perform same operations as listed here.
- Before leaving, ensure staging area is again neat and orderly. Be sure no containers are outside of approved transporters or delivery carts. Set internal delivery cart with all necessary empty containers for immediate service the following work day.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Self-motivated, self-directed, problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use basic hand tools such as a drill, screw driver, hammer, tape measure and level
- Willing and able to work weekends and holidays when necessary
- PC, email, internet and Microsoft office skills required
- Lift containers weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Push/pull wheeled transporters and/or palletized product up to approximately 300 lbs
- Occasionally travel up and down staircases
- Walking of two (2) or more miles per day
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Work in and around hospital personnel, sensitive medical equipment, and patients
Daniels is an EEO Affirmative Action Employer
Daniels Health is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Daniels Health prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.