About Air Techniques, Inc.
Founded in 1962, Air Techniques, Inc. (ATI) set out to manufacture first-rate products for the dental industry. 57 years later, Air Techniques has grown from a small company into a successful orporation. At our New York headquarters, we design and build two main groups of products: utility room and digital imaging products. Our products are manufactured in a vertically integrated factory where compliance with the Food and Drug Administration Good Manufacturing Practices is paired with stringent Quality Standards. In-house engineering staff designs our products for the dental market. We are proud to maintain the ISO-9001 registration certification which reinforces our pledge to quality and customer satisfaction. At Air Techniques, we have earned our reputation in the dental industry through our commitment to quality and ensuring customer satisfaction. We are proud that Air Techniques represents superior quality to dealers and dentists worldwide.
The Field Service Representative is responsible for providing technical support at the dealer and dental practice - assists with demonstrations service calls, installations, and trains customers and dealer personnel.
This position is required to assist the sales efforts by overseeing installation ATI product and training customers in their uses at customer sites. The primary focus is to provide technical expertise to support the selling effort and customer service of the region, including solving customer and regional problems.
- Deliver technical support, installation assistance and technical advice to the dealer and dealer branches as needed
- Visit customers when cases are escalated by Sales, Product Managers, Engineering, for difficult and unique cases to determine root cause and ensure improper installation is not a factor and facilitate RMA process as needed
- Diagnose mechanical and system failures using established procedures and perform basic customer network installs.
- Determines parts, supplies or tools to be ordered to complete service requests.
- Deliver Initial Training on product fit and function, as well as, software interface and features to end users at the dental practice
- White glove service on more complex installs that could include, intra-oral and panoramic x-ray systems.
- Field support for Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and Test Sites.
- Through regular visits with dealers and branches, identify product and technical training needs.
- Training and Co-Travel with dealer field techs and ATI sales force
- Align training plans with the central training department in Melville
Work Experience Requirements:
- AS Degree, Technical School or equivalent level of business experience
- At least 5 of years experience as a field service technician or field repair technician in a dental/medical environment required.
- Experience with basic tools as well as a basic working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems required
- Imaging/PC experience required, network knowledge preferred
- Previous X-Ray experience preferred
- Experienced in solving product issues at dentist offices under time pressure
- Must be able to travel at least 80% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Must work well independently in the field as well as with a team
- Electrical, schematic reading, plumbing, mechanical or carpentry skills are helpful.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities combined with excellent mechanical and electronic aptitude to resolve product issues
- Strong customer service skills and focus
- Ability to rapidly learn new products, systems and tools
- Proven administrative, organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
Comprehensive Benefits Package, including 401(k)
Air Techniques is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .